Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some recommendations on some forage type turnips that produces more greens. Mo southern seed sells a forage turnip and an appin turnip. Anyone have any experience with these? Any other recommendation for a forage turnip other than these 2? Not looking to break the bank and don't care for a buck on the bag unless it's worth it for the cost. Thanks!

· Registered
342 Posts
https://www.realworldwildlifeproducts.com/product/plot-tooper/
Here's a couple pictures of mine from last year, deer destroyed it, 8 different seed varieties...
The first picture is a before and after planting, last picture is about a week after I broadcasted. Deer love it
View attachment 137883 View attachment 137885 View attachment 137887 View attachment 137889
I actually added this blend to my regular mix and I will say that the usage was definitely heavier than usual. I'll be using the plot topper again for sure.

· Registered
32,087 Posts
Purple top and radishes. Take a sharpie and draw a turdy pointer on the bag. It makes them more attractive to deer.

Reactions: WBF and justindh1

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I used the paja forage turnips a couple times. I didnt think the increased growing points were worth the added cost and loss of bulb size. 02

Reactions: justindh1

1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the replies! I think I am going to go with purple top turnip and rape for the one plot. I may mix some radishes in with it.

Reactions: DPx2

· Registered
32,087 Posts
Thanks guys for all the replies! I think I am going to go with purple top turnip and rape for the one plot. I may mix some radishes in with it.
My experience is that they will browse the radishes a lot earlier than the turnips but the radishes freeze out so the combination gives a longer window of browse. Let us know how the canola works out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.