Turning worthless political signs into something useful

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by birdman, Jan 24, 2018.

1. birdman

birdman Active Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm guessing at least some of the members on here have put up purple martin houses with pretty mediocre success. I built the following houses out of the political signs littering the streets in election years. The only cost I have in them is a few screws. But I didn't build them for a DIY project. I built them because most of the houses that places like Orschelns sell are total junk. I have tested them for a few years and the usage rate and fledging rate have been very high. They are also very easy to build. If anyone is interested I will provide details on how to build them purple martins may2017 004.jpg

2. Jfraz3

Jfraz3 Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Grain Valley Mo
    I use left over political signs for sighting in rifles! Stick em where ya want em, walk back and fire away

BustinBucks likes this.

3. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I keep my Trump signs to add to the ones I'll get in a few years.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin like Blue.

nontypical, nevergvup and DCSarchette like this.
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

Yes sir....:tup: Not only rifles....good for patterning your shotguns for turkey season. :7up:

5. birdman

birdman Active Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I've used them for that too!;)

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Pretty neat Martin house

7. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    Looks pretty cool.

truehunter likes this.
  8. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    The sign and frame always makes a great target! I can't wait till real estate agents set signs in my yard.....