Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,978 Posts
Shish Kabob Turkey is awesome. Kudos to the longbow sticker. (y)

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,930 Posts
Good job. I'm going to give it a go in a couple days.

·
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Shish Kabob Turkey is awesome. Kudos to the longbow sticker. (y)
The other guy (Bo the Wonder Dog's owner)actually had his Black Widow opening day and killed a tree, he blamed the 30 mph winds blowing a branch right when he shot. Due to artharits in his hands, he used his compound this morming, he said "that was to easy"

Bo is the dog Pete found and gave to my friend, best thing that could have happened for both of them

oh, both guys said they never heard a gobble,

·
King of Callaway
42,479 Posts
Man am I jealous, nice work

·
8,785 Posts
Awesome job. Congrats

·
Great White Buffalo @*%!
10,139 Posts
Our group has killed 9 KS birds as of yesterday, 5 youth kills, 4 grown folk archery kills...decent gobbling in the morn and after 6pm in the evening.

Birds were still grouped up good yesterday morning, but we started seeing birds break off flocks Tuesday.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,930 Posts
We are dealing with lots and lots of mud. We are also dealing with rain to insure we don't run out of mud. Birds are still somewhat grouped. Called in a bird on our first sit yesterday afternoon. He was timid around the Jake decoy and wouldn't get within 30 yards of it. He gobbled a lot and gave us a good hunt though.

Reactions: 20'

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,930 Posts
Just had 5 jakes come in. I figured my Jake decoy was in for a whoopin , but they circled him and walked by the blind at 10 yards.

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
I asssume the boy you was taking got his first one too?
Long story, but he is still hunting.
He has killed birds, but not with a bow.
He got his truck stuck first thing trying to roost one Wednesday night. My Tundra had to pull the Ram out. Then, his tailgate dropped and somehow half the inside of his truck under the camper shell filled with mud on the drive in to hunt. We didnt hit on anything Thursday morning and he headed into town to find a laundromat and i told him i would go find some birds. Well, i found them and i figured i could kill one, and i lost an ethics battle with my benevolent side.
So, when he got back from town his hunting guide had shot his bird and he dumped an entire 44 ounce sweet tea in the floorboard of his truck.
I did; however put him on some birds.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,930 Posts
More rain last night and this morning. Came to a new spot that is 80 acres of pasture with wooded draws. Had a bird roost gobble early . Nothing since. At least I can walk on the grass . :giggle:

Reactions: 20' and Dafish

·
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got there yesterday, had water standing in a mud field to get to a hedge row, so I passed on that. Drove 15 miles around to try and find a sand/rock road to get me near my other spot, nothing but mud. Creek was to high to cross. This morning waited for the rain to stop and set a blind up with a camera in a cut corn field in which I walked 1/2 mile in waist high wet crp carrying all my crap,, fun fun fun...

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,252 Posts
I got there yesterday, had water standing in a mud field to get to a hedge row, so I passed on that. Drove 15 miles around to try and find a sand/rock road to get me near my other spot, nothing but mud. Creek was to high to cross. This morning waited for the rain to stop and set a blind up with a camera in a cut corn field in which I walked 1/2 mile in waist high wet crp carrying all my crap,, fun fun fun...
Keep after em Dave

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
Ya know sometimes i wonder why we put ourselves through all of this. Good luck.

·
Vendor
61,867 Posts
Reactions: manitou1

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,930 Posts
we had a fun weekend but didn't launch any arrows. Mud and weather made it challenging. Gobblers were still bunched for the most part. Had several jake opportunities and passed a longer than likeable shot on the first set up. Gonna go back later with the pellet pusher.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts