Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the fields where my friend and I knew the turkeys would be. We've seen them there countless times. Last night he told be he went by and saw a big tom struting around and a few hens too.

So, I'm up and out of the house early! Get to the spot, get into my 3D camo and grab my toys. I'm all settled in and us a few locater calls. Nothing. Walk a little further, trip on a stick, more calls. Nothing!

Get to where I want to be and wait a bit to calmn down. The only birds I saw were sparrows and geese. All I could think about was how bad I suck! At least I can learn from each outing on what to do and what not to do.

Couldn't stay long becasue I had to at work soon.
:banghead:

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
They don't cooperate every trip out,,,maybe you'll get him next time.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
keep after it, only two weeks and 6 days left. good luck.

·
19,583 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile

dont you hate it when you feel like the only turkey in the woods...
:hysterical: Sorry, but that is funny...

Anyways ~ how was the weather last night? We had some pretty good wind, and some rain too, so if it was the same there, it just might have rearranged the turkeys a bit ~ you think?

Hang in there ~ there's still plenty of time...

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Patience kills more birds than luck.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
Patience kills more birds than luck.
Hayzer, now that is poetic!! ;) And absolutely the truest words I have ever seen written about turkey hunting.:cheers::cheers:

Jack

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've had a few of those days!
I'm being told several things......don't hunt same area each day, give birds a break, some are saying, it won't make a difference........maybe a few more years and I'll have my own opinion.

Good luck and keep going after them!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Well isn't that weird....

I ate porkchop sandwiches for breakfast and lunch yesterday and I didn't get anything either!!!! :neuspeuter:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.