Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one day left out of 2 personal days at work so I decided to take the first day of spring season off. Looks to be a little cool but no rain is all I need to enjoy my last day of personal time left. Got a few on cams with the property 15 minutes away but I might save it until a buddy comes down to hunt. I enjoy hunting a piece of property I got permission to hunt a bit farther away because of the amount of turkeys I see and the gobbling I hear every year, which is getting harder to find. Who else is taking the opening day off?

204eac72-55e4-4873-9969-e37228f55199.jpg

View attachment 219019 View attachment 219020 View attachment 219018

Reactions: ILoveDeer

·
Registered
869 Posts
Got one day left out of 2 personal days at work so I decided to take the first day of spring season off. Looks to be a little cool but no rain is all I need to enjoy my last day of personal time left. Got a few on cams with the property 15 minutes away but I might save it until a buddy comes down to hunt. I enjoy hunting a piece of property I got permission to hunt a bit farther away because of the amount of turkeys I see and the gobbling I hear every year, which is getting harder to find. Who else is taking the opening day off?

View attachment 219012
View attachment 219019 View attachment 219020 View attachment 219018
I always take the first week of season off. I get the wife to kill one and then it’s time to start walking the ridge tops for mine.
Mark

·
6,561 Posts
I’m hunting opening day. Have a baby due first of May so time in the woods is gonna be tight

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
I use vacation time too . If we had all day hunting the whiners wouldn’t be whining about using vacation to hunt ! Lol

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,928 Posts
I take a few days for turkey hunting every year.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m hunting opening day. Have a baby due first of May so time in the woods is gonna be tight
Congrats! Got one due 3rd week of September. Better that than the 3rd week of October.

·
Registered
18,608 Posts
Watch the Barometer ..... if the barometer isn’t hitting the 30.0’s...... save your vacation days.. youth season isn’t looking all that “hot” with the barometer running 28.66 on Saturday and 29.71 on Sunday... I’m not saying there won’t be birds killed if you happen to be in the right spot and have the patience to wait it out.. With pressure under 30.0 ... Birds get lock/jaw...

·
King of Callaway
42,479 Posts
Hunting MO a few days and then headed to NE before I come back for week 2. Been seeing a lot of birds and I am definatley ready!

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Watch the Barometer ..... if the barometer isn’t hitting the 30.0’s...... save your vacation days.. youth season isn’t looking all that “hot” with the barometer running 28.66 on Saturday and 29.71 on Sunday... I’m not saying there won’t be birds killed if you happen to be in the right spot and have the patience to wait it out.. With pressure under 30.0 ... Birds get lock/jaw...
Wish it was that easy! Some of us have to request the day off earlier when the barometer isn't a tool that can be used. Plus that is something I'm never concerned about with Turkey hunting. I'm out there if I got the time off or I'm not. Not saying it isn't a valuable tool to determine activity.

·
Registered
20,879 Posts
WBF, any idea what the pressure was last Sunday, 4/4?

·
4,705 Posts
Man if the turks are quiet I just look for sheds and mushrooms and scout! I love every minute

·
Deadeye
5,919 Posts
I use to spend a week at Truman or Mark Twain and turkey hunt ,crappie ,morels. now a days I do two or thee days at a time.

·
6,338 Posts
I`m off 19 of the 21 days......hope I don`t need them all.....I save all my vacation for hunting, wife likes the beach, I like the woods

1 - 15 of 15 Posts