Turkey regulations update

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Hawk, Oct 18, 2017.

1. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    mean medium or mode?

2. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Im not going to try to explain those terms to someone that cant successfully navigate their caps lock button.

BustinBucks likes this.

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

You may have to explain that those are all averages. Mean is what most of us would assume when the word average is used. The average for a male turkey in Pennsylvania when they had a high harvest rate was around 2. Missouri's average prior to the recent dismal reproduction was probably closer to 3.

4. BustinBucks

BustinBucks Shotgun Instructor

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    I just hope turkeys don’t get CWD.

fishshooter likes this.
  5. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Missouris average age for male turkeys is 2, just like the rest of the United States.

6. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    the populationm is alr
    The turk population is already down over 75 percent because of egg suckers. fix the problem then they will have to find a way to keep the turkey from becoming the pests again. MDC needs to show them selves to be the model for a conservation department again. When MDC DOES SO ALL THOSE OTHER STATES WILL FOLLOW SUIT AND YOUR SILLY DREADFUL NUMBERS OF THE DARK AGES WILL BE MOOT.

7. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    MDC is tge model, and they recommend habitat. They will be followers soon when they liberalize turkey season.

8. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    HAWK THIS IS ALMOST 2018 , THE LAST 2 YEARS WE HAVE HAD AMONG THE LOWEST COON HARVEST SINCE 1948. what is possible in turkey production falls to a new low as egg sucker density increases. the five fold increase in coon in northern missouri have put the turkey where it can not recruit enough to stay ahead of mortality when it occurs. THE CHARTS ON NESTING SUCCESS AND THE HEN TO POUT RATIO MOVE IN HARMONY WITH LOWER LOWS IN RESPONSE TO MULTIPLES OF COON POPULATION DENSITY SHOWN IN THE ANNUAL BAIT STATION SURVEYS.

9. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    i hold the undisputed title of THE DUMBEST ONE but i will not go to that place below.

Satch likes this.
  10. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Again, Im so sorry that your diamond slippers are to tight.....

Crappie likes this.
  11. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    You guys arguing about extending the season when most of the back wooded hillbilly guys around here kill turkeys all day, 365 days a year... and have been since I can remember. Some get caught from time to time but its a drop in the bucket and they are hard to catch. I'd fully support MDC spending more money on more agents in the state. They are greatly understaffed.

Str8 Killn, tcwild, 20' and 1 other person like this.