Turkey regulations update

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Hawk, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    You have used that fallacy over and over. Turkeys arent declining. They have been in an upswing for several years. You pine for some utopia of turkeys that is unrealistic.

Bottomline, all the experts that you have tried to cite in these discussions have come out with the opposite opinion as you. Why do you continue to say they are wrong???

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    You arent short of stubborness yourself there hawk.

3. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Im stubborn when people disregard what experts in their field tell them.

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

The experts in species identification tell you peccary aren't pigs or hogs and you completely ignore them. You think red circles around a pig in a description Trump's their expertise. :rofl:

5. henry

No hawk. They were starting to increase in only parts of the state for a couple years. Until we have had the 2 worst 2 consecutive years of production since it's been tracked. That would be since 1959. It's not a fallacy. What's a fallacy is the picture of vibrant growth you try to portray. :rofl:

20' likes this.
  6. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    And I agree with them. I did that from the very beginning.

Ask those experts if there's a class of animals native to North America called New World pigs.

7. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    They had increased in almost every county in the state over the last 5 years. That's a fact.

And since 1959 this was probably in the top 15 or 20 of turkeys produced per year ever simply because of the amount of turkeys that we have on the landscape now.

8. henry

No on both counts. Our turkey population is still estimated at 320,000 and was once estimated to be over 500,000. We do not have more turkey running around. Any population status report from recent years will tell you that. The Ozarks west is the only region in the state that has reached top population numbers in recent years.

20' likes this.
  9. henry

No. You claim wild hogs were native. That is completely ignoring them. Your red circles didn't work. :rofl:

10. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Again, almost every county in MO has increased in the last 5 years by a significant amount.

We will never be back to the highs you pine for. If you have read about turkeys at all youd know that.

20171019_192713.png

11. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    There are just as many wild pigs in the US as there are the wild antelope you claim to have shot.... lmao

12. henry

You need to learn how to count . Lol

60 or more counties stable or declining isnt most increasing. Wam

First you tell me we have more turkeys now than ever , then tell me we will never have as many as we once had. Your truly effed up. :rofl:

13. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    The uear prior the quite a few had increased but became stable since.

I never said we have more turkeys than ever, I said, if you coukd read, we likely PRODUCED in the top 15-20 years of total poults produced

14. henry

And you would be wrong. Not even close. Your too effed up to discuss this with. :rofl:

15. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    No, its correct.

16. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    The same ones that said Otters would never be Trappable numbers. Oh I was told this in the '80's.

oneshot

17. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    When I start seeing birds in the fields in the Spring again and hear more than couple gobbles I will consider buying a tag until I'm fishing.

oneshot

18. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    you finnaly revieled
    i NOW SEE who it is you speak for. THERE ARE NO TURKEY HUNTERS LEFT IN NORTH EAST STUDY AREA FOR A VERY GOOD REASON.
    To correct your misrepresentation of fact spring green up occurs 2 weeks earlier in southern Missouri then the north. As members here have said they need a earlier season. If they wanted to do what hunters seem to want they should have a 2 week season with the season starting one week earlier in the south and going one week later in the north. That would optimize the biological sweet spot you speak of . the way it is now it in no way could be said that the season takes place in the sweet spot for the north and the south.
    The number one expectation of Missourians is that the loss of over 75 percent of the turkey statewide will be corrected by scientific wildlife management . In other words the out of control 5 times higher population density of the chief egg sucker will be dealt with.

19. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    there is a
    Big turn around in production every where where the constant variable of multiplying racoon density is reversed. State wide especially the Ag north has to have the coon thing death with for all the right reasons. or continue to see what is possible in turkey reproduction sink lower and lower.

20. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    i thought that sooner or later you would print something true