Turkey poults anyone

Discussion in 'Turkey Photo Gallery' started by OutbackBio, Jul 16, 2017.

1. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    Counted a flock of at least 42 yesterday. Mixed sexes and no long beards. Was thinking a few hens and there grown poults.

2. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Happens almost every year....can't find em or see them during Summer when the poult surveys are being done and then starting around October, they seem to come out of the woodwork.
    I have seen the largest flocks I have ever seen in SW MO this year.
    My brother and I found ourselves in the middle of three different flocks during the Fall season and could hear another big group of birds in the distance.

3. limbhanger28

limbhanger28 Member

Feb 6, 2008
    southwest Missouri
    The place I hunt around Lebanon, we were wondering about the hatch because we saw very few all the way through October. Then by the end of bow season I counted roughly around 160 in one field. It's tough to get an accurate count when there are that many running around fighting.

4. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    When you live in the state with the highest number of birds, and the best all around habitat thats what happens. For whatever reason the indices seem to be off both from an observational and harvest increase/decrease standpoint. MO has A LOT of turkeys.

5. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    I'm not sure what region I fall into really but I'm in the tri county area of Pulaski Camden and Laclede counties.