Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent 5 days fishing the rock around the Baxter area. Was out at daybreak every day in different areas and was surprised no one heard a gobble the hole time. Is there population down in those counties.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
I believe its down nearly state wide.

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts
Pretty hard to imagine populations being up with back to back to back years of sub 1 P:H ratios.

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess he is all tagged out now?
I’m betting he hasn’t tagged out yet. Usually he circles the net like a buzzard smelling for false statements about turkey population. Its hard to argue if you can’t get one yourself.

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
populations are better than ever, you just have to hunt where hawk does
Lots of birds where I hunt, just not where Ive been hunting. I bought a 50 acre piece and decided thats where I was hunting the first 2 weeks. I can hear a bunch of birds but there havent been many actually on this ground it seems. I popped over the hill yesterday and there were, 7 hens 3 jakes and 2 gobblers in the big bottom south. They dont want to leave the old overgrown corn field. I suspect that will change if they work it this week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lots of birds where I hunt, just not where Ive been hunting. I bought a 50 acre piece and decided thats where I was hunting the first 2 weeks. I can hear a bunch of birds but there havent been many actually on this ground it seems. I popped over the hill yesterday and there were, 7 hens 3 jakes and 2 gobblers in the big bottom south. They dont want to leave the old overgrown corn field. I suspect that will change if they work it this week.
I used to see groups like that all day long on my mail route. 115 miles a day on the back roads of north Missouri and i see 2 or 3 turkeys a day on a good day

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts
I used to see groups like that all day long on my mail route. 115 miles a day on the back roads of north Missouri and i see 2 or 3 turkeys a day on a good day
Wait, you are a mail carrier? I thought you were an senior agronomist and product development manager for Bayer in St. Louis?

Nice try Paul.

@Hawk

Reactions: 20' and Grundy

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
Please Paul Paul. Don't argue. Mommy drinks because you argue.

Reactions: rat

·
Registered
109 Posts
Who’s on first Paul? You go to great lengths to dig Hawk! Try harder next time Paul
With respect
Paul

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,222 Posts
Mommy was drunk before she opened the app Henry. You should take advantage of her later this afternoon.
That sounded bad.

Reactions: Grundy

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
Good story. Times change. Populations change. Bird behavior changes.

I used to see way more gobblers out in our crop fields strutting. Even before the population decline I stopped seeing them out in the open near as much. Same with where I used to hunt in NEKS. There were TONS of birds but we never saw them out in fields like we did in MO. Not sure what it is but its definitely odd.

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
Wait, you are a mail carrier? I thought you were an senior agronomist and product development manager for Bayer in St. Louis?

Nice try Paul.

@Hawk
So you dont know Grundy??? Never ever met him?

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts
So you dont know Grundy??? Never ever met him?
No idea who he is, at all... and you know that.

He PMed me and we do not know each other.

Are you finding it that difficult when you are brought to the reality that you dont have as many fans here as you think you do? You refuse to accept that someone will have an opinion counter to yours??

You are absolutely one of the most paranoid, suspicious psychologically mal-adjusted person I may have ever met.
Good night...

Reactions: Grundy

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
We spent 5 days fishing the rock around the Baxter area. Was out at daybreak every day in different areas and was surprised no one heard a gobble the hole time. Is there population down in those counties.
30-40 years ago they probably had better habitat around the lake and fewer predators for sure:)

·
Vendor
62,178 Posts
No idea who he is, at all... and you know that.

He PMed me and we do not know each other.

Are you finding it that difficult when you are brought to the reality that you dont have as many fans here as you think you do? You refuse to accept that someone will have an opinion counter to yours??

You are absolutely one of the most paranoid, suspicious psychologically mal-adjusted person I may have ever met.
Good night...
I dont care about his opinion because it is uneducated and uninformed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts