Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Is it possible to increase turkey production in missouri by killing nest predators during furbearer

1 - 20 of 434 Posts

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Increase? Maybe some small insignificant and inconsistent amount. Meaningfully increase? No.

Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel
Font Terrestrial plant Document Circle Parallel
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document
Font Circle Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number

· Registered
21,443 Posts
That too.
Just mean amount killed has to come in to play.
I think there is an amount killed that may help but if I just take a couple and that's it, probably no help.
I agree, you would need to remove enough nest predators to increase nest success on a normal size farm. Even just increasing by 2-3 additional nests per 160 acres could have a positive affect, especially if have several neighbors doing the same thing.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I agree, you would need to remove enough nest predators to increase nest success on a normal size farm. Even just increasing by 2-3 additional nests per 160 acres could have a positive affect, especially if have several neighbors doing the same thing.
But you wont accomplish that feat because for that to happen youd have to have more nests on 160 than can logically be supported.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Another runaway poll on this subject. Happens every time, and yes of course its possible.
Lots of things are POSSIBLE..... most of them arent LIKELY or REALISTIC.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
The way this is worded any logical honest person has to answer yes. If even one more poult was hatched it would increase. It wouldnt help though.

· Banned
66,381 Posts

· Banned
66,381 Posts
yes it would. 1 poult matters
No, it doesnt. Especially not when the time and effort it took to gain that poult would have resulted in 2-3 if it had been applied in a different manner.

1 - 20 of 434 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.