turkey hunting

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by semohuntingguy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    just something to ponder on a friday my only day off is has it accured to anyone else that mdc has placed our turkey season so late not that it dosent interfers with breading. But that most out of state hunters have already had three weeks to hunt so they can come visit mo easier. I know that where i hunt you see ten camps one Mo hunters the others Ark and Miss tthere is at least four vehicles at each one so a lot of out of state money not gripping about that but most are very rude that i come accross they say they are spendiing alot more than me so they wont back down from a gobbling bird. just something to ponder

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    the turkey season in missouri has been the same for years. breeding times vary across the state, due to weather conditions etc. the fact is, " Missouri leads the nation" in dead birds. MDC is doing something right dont ya think.

3. semohuntingguy

semohuntingguy New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    southeast mo.
    yes i do think they do somethings right but how many of you from up north can drive down the roads and see a out-of-state vehicle every 1/4 mile or so. why not even give us the first week no out-of staters like they do in some southern states miss being one i think.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i absolutely agree we should have reciprocal fees for all licences, it burns me we dont. as far as compitition with out of state hunters, thats seems to be a big problem on public land, not showing respect for other hunters has NO place in any state. i hunt private land so i dont have the problem. i wish there were more agents to put a stop to some of the poaching and other violations. one thing i do know is they will set up road blocks (Thayer area) and catch alot of Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama hunters headed home with illegal game. the fines are big, they can take their guns, atv's, trucks etc. anyone who takes illegal game is takin a big chance and the ones that get caught definately regret it.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    SEMO- thats an interesting thought. i lived and had a farm in texas co. next to thousands of acres of timber company land, and yes i did see alot of camps of out of staters. i would be all for sate only first week, dont know if they would ever do it though.