Turkey Hunting near Jamestown

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by bovinahunter, Mar 21, 2006.

1. bovinahunter

bovinahunter New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Columbia, MO
    Does anyone know it the turkey hunting is good near Jamestown, MO?

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

If I am remembering where jamestown is correctly, it should be an excellent part of the state for turkey birds. It is between 50 and 70 south of Boonville and north of centertown is'nt it???

:cheers::cheers:

3. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
    I grew up in California, MO, which is very near to Jamestown and my in-laws live in Jamestown. The deer hunting is very good there, but there is alot of hunting pressure. I don't know for sure about turkey hunting. I turkey hunt in west of Jamestown about 15 miles and the turkey hunting is pretty good. I would imagine the turkey hunting near Jamestown would be just as good.

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Marion bottoms is South of Jamestown on 179. I assume it holds some birds. It's a huge conservation area. Like 4,000 acres or something like that. Couldn't tell you about hunting pressure though.

5. bovinahunter

bovinahunter New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Columbia, MO
    THANKS FOR THE INFO !!!

6. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    don't know about the turks in that area but i have heard and seen a few pics of deer that came out of that area that jmmcguire mentioned
    if you get away from the road and walk back in theres some monsters along the river i guess so i hear its suspose to be thick stuff to hunt in though