Cliff notes.

Henry . My trapping helped.

Expert. It might of some.

Hawk . No it didnt the expert said so.

The end

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Real Clif Notes....

@henry : Nest predators were the issue on my farm. Ground nesting birds just cant be successful with all these predators.

Hawk: Work on habitat.

Henry : My habitat is perfect, its raccoons.

Hawk : Its habitat and weather.

Henry : Nope, its *****. See, here a quail study that says so. They trapped the same number of nest predators the first year as me and got more quail. Im winning!!!

Hawk : How many quail were there before they started trapping?

@birdman: Well actually they produced a lot of quail with trapping because they already had the most quail per sq mile of anywhere in the US.

Hawk : So youre telling me they removed the same number of predators per sq mile from their area the FIRST year of trapping as henry did, but they had the highest densities of quail anywhere even with all those predators?????

Birdman and Henry: But, but,but... BUT....

Hawk:

Watch Peripheral Computer keyboard Desk Table

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Real Clif Notes....

@henry : Nest predators were the issue on my farm. Ground nesting birds just cant be successful with all these predators.

Henry : Nope, its *****. See, here a quail study that says so. They trapped the same number of nest predators the first year as me and got more quail. Im winning!!!

@birdman: Well actually they produced a lot of quail with trapping because they already had the most quail per sq mile of anywhere in the US.

Hawk : So youre telling me they removed the same number of predators per sq mile from their area the FIRST year of trapping as henry did, but they had the highest densities of quail anywhere even with all those predators?????

Hawk:

View attachment 139243
Still waiting......

· Registered
2,096 Posts
Why?
Actually, just start a new thread called,
" The Trouble With Turkeys, *****,CWD and Crossbows or Not". Throw in "Climate Change and the Effects on Turkeys, Deer, ***** , CWD and Crossbow Users" and we'll cover it all in 2 threads!!

Then we can keep beating dead horses, forever

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Why?
" The Trouble With Turkeys, *****,CWD and Crossbows or Not". Throw in "Climate Change and the Effects on Turkeys, Deer, ***** , CWD and Crossbow Users" and we'll cover it all in 2 threads!!

Evidently the argument just got finished after my last post...

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Real Clif Notes....

Hawk:

View attachment 139243

· Registered
832 Posts
Why?

Just add feral hogs and season placement and I think you will have most of it covered.:stir:

· Super Moderator
28,539 Posts
Henry - looking to knock back the predator population & I trapped 100 ***** in a year

Henry - noticing more poults the following Spring

Hawk - habitat is only thing to help, trapping waste of time

99% the rest of MWT (including Henry - habitat #1 priority, trapping can help as well, especially if you enhance habitat within the plan

Hawk - trapping 100% waste of time, EVERY study in the world say trapping is waste of time
99% of MWT - but what if it helps just a little?

Hawk -still a waste of time, gleaning pearls from studies :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.