Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say a few things about different friction calls. I have five calls Mr Parker made and six of his strikers. the first thing is i am darn glad i have those strikers. over the past couple of weeks i have played each call with each striker. Without a question of a doubt they dont play the same. furthernore each of his calls has what i call the sweet spot, you have to play them a bit to find it, when you do mark it on the call some way so you can frind it in the field. i put a small mark with a pen on the out side of the call. you will find different strikers have different tones. use different strikers to sound like more then one bird. i use them in conjunction with my mouth call and a box call. i have narrowed it down to three calls to take with me and four strikers. Have a great season and good luck to all.

· Registered
9,710 Posts
Got to give it to Parker. His turkey calls do sound really good. Mine even came with a guarantee of killing a bird this season.

· Registered
6,021 Posts
very good oberservations about friction calls in general you will find this same thing with all friction calls they all have a sweet spot and ever striker porduces a different sound.

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
Got to give it to Parker. His turkey calls do sound really good. Mine even came with a guarantee of killing a bird this season.
:peepwall: OH BOY! I Forgot about that guarantee! Payment is pretty close to arrival, huh! :D

Thanks for the props Hannibal. Don't forget to take lots of pics! :cheers:

Parker

· Registered
2,780 Posts
I was just playing around with my “VECtor†calls made by Parker. They do sound great; but more importantly, what other call comes with such a guarantee? I don’t expect to be hunting past 8:00AM.

10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have five calls from Parker .....does that mean i am guaranteed 5 birds???? i saw two groups of turkey on the way to work this morn. three strutters in one group and two in the other. the sun was hittin em , they were standing in bright green winter wheat......it was a beautiful thing.. sorry no pics.

· Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Hannibal
i have five calls from Parker .....does that mean i am guaranteed 5 birds???? i saw two groups of turkey on the way to work this morn. three strutters in one group and two in the other. the sun was hittin em , they were standing in bright green winter wheat......it was a beautiful thing.. sorry no pics.
Sure, tease us!!!! I bet it was a pretty sight fo sho!!!

· VECtor Custom Calls
41,488 Posts
:eek: One bird guarantee, that's it! :eek: And for the guarantee to be in effect, you have to hunt at least 2 hours per day of every day of the season! :D (except for RBH....that call sings!)

Parker

· Registered
18,249 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
There is no doubt the best things to have in your turkey vest is your favorite friction call and a LARGE handful of strikers!

Parker
I don't think I have to worry about that requirement !

Oh and I'd like my guarantee in writing please !

· Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
There is no doubt the best things to have in your turkey vest is your favorite friction call and a LARGE handful of strikers!

Parker
My poor vest............:D Between Poor Valley and Parker I am pretty well covered. :roll2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.