turkey calls

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Hannibal, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    I just wanted to say a few things about different friction calls. I have five calls Mr Parker made and six of his strikers. the first thing is i am darn glad i have those strikers. over the past couple of weeks i have played each call with each striker. Without a question of a doubt they dont play the same. furthernore each of his calls has what i call the sweet spot, you have to play them a bit to find it, when you do mark it on the call some way so you can frind it in the field. i put a small mark with a pen on the out side of the call. you will find different strikers have different tones. use different strikers to sound like more then one bird. i use them in conjunction with my mouth call and a box call. i have narrowed it down to three calls to take with me and four strikers. Have a great season and good luck to all.

2. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Got to give it to Parker. His turkey calls do sound really good. Mine even came with a guarantee of killing a bird this season.

3. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    very good oberservations about friction calls in general you will find this same thing with all friction calls they all have a sweet spot and ever striker porduces a different sound.

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :peepwall: OH BOY! I Forgot about that guarantee! Payment is pretty close to arrival, huh! :D

Thanks for the props Hannibal. Don't forget to take lots of pics! :cheers:

Parker

5. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    There is no doubt the best things to have in your turkey vest is your favorite friction call and a LARGE handful of strikers!

Parker

6. clansey

clansey New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Bozeman, MT
    I was just playing around with my “VECtor†calls made by Parker. They do sound great; but more importantly, what other call comes with such a guarantee? I don’t expect to be hunting past 8:00AM.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i have five calls from Parker .....does that mean i am guaranteed 5 birds???? i saw two groups of turkey on the way to work this morn. three strutters in one group and two in the other. the sun was hittin em , they were standing in bright green winter wheat......it was a beautiful thing.. sorry no pics.

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sure, tease us!!!! I bet it was a pretty sight fo sho!!!

9. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :eek: One bird guarantee, that's it! :eek: And for the guarantee to be in effect, you have to hunt at least 2 hours per day of every day of the season! :D (except for RBH....that call sings!)

Parker

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

I don't think I have to worry about that requirement !

Oh and I'd like my guarantee in writing please !

11. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :hysterical:

Parker

12. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    My poor vest............:D Between Poor Valley and Parker I am pretty well covered. :roll2: