*****Turkey caller/guide needed May 6th & 7th*****

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by leaker19, Apr 30, 2006.

1. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I was selected to hunt in the annual Mark Twain Lake Turkey Hunt for disabled folks. It is Saturday and Sunday May 6 & 7. My hunting buddy's wife has taken ill and needs surgery Friday, so he's out. I need a caller/guide. If anyone lives near Mark Twain Lake or near me and could help out, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks . . . Ray

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Hope that you find someone! Good luck!

3. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    hey leaker
    you got any more specifics about the hunt
    like do they have blinds set up
    certian areas only for hunting
    or is it just a free for all hunt how ever you can.

4. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    Blinds are in place already by Mark Twain staff. Only like 20 or 25 guys on a pretty good sized piece. I haven't been in a few years, but there are usually a good number of birds killed. It's a nice, well run hunt, and a good time. You have to bring your own caller/guide/blind companion.

leaker

5. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    Good luck in finding some one to help you out. If I didn't have plans already I would tried to help you out.

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Leaker if I didn't already have previous plans:frown: that I can't get out of I would have loved to do this with you.

I'm gonna keep this at the top.;) Come on folks there has to be somebody that is able to help out a fella in a Chair.

Jack

7. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Leaker,

I sure wish that I didn't have to work this coming weekend. We are both in Boonville and I know that it would be ALOT more fun than working. Good luck!

8. droptine

droptine New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Jeff City
    Leaker, I was about to tell you I could do it. I got my weekends mixed up and for some reason, I thought you meant the last weekend of season, but then I realized it was this coming weekend. We're leaving this Thursday to go on a camping trip with the family. :frown:

I'd love to go though.

9. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Man I wish i could help bro, works calling my name.. good luck tho!!!!! If I can finagle my way out of work any way ill be there in a heartbeat

Someone will surely jump at this awesome oppurtunity..

10. I wish i was a good caller but i would probably help the others out due to they wouild run away from me :D good luck to ya

11. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
  12. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    back to the top...

I sure hope that you can find somebody!

13. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I would like to,,but can't be sure I will be home from work in time. The last thing you need is your help not showing in time.
    I sure hope someone can get way to help. What time and where at Mark Twain do you need to be on saturday morning???

:cheers::cheers:

14. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    They say 4:30, but I think there is some leeway there. They just like to have enough time to get all the hunters in the woods before the turks come off the roosts.

The meeting place is the Indian Creek camping area.

Ray

15. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Wish I could too, but I got my dad's 70th birthday party to attend. I have attempted to volunteer for this event in years past, but folks were always already hooked up with guides. Hope it works out for you and good luck.

16. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Man, I've been trying my best to get out of the plans we have scheduled for this weekend but it doesnt look like I'll be able to get out of it. Dont know that I'd be able to call one in for you, but I'd sure like to try. I'm gonna keep trying but it probably aint gonna happen. Sorry Ray. Somebody better jump on this!

17. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    BP - no sweat, that's a long trip for you anyhow, someday I'll come down to Southern MO and we can hunt 'em up down there.

Ray

18. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    i could do one day for you if thats any help,maybe somebody could do another

19. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    Coyotehunter:

I don't really have anyone yet, Saturday was the only day I was going to definitely hunt. Can you do Saturday?

Here's the directions to where we gotta be:

Hit Highway 24 going east to Monroe City
    Hit Highway HH turn right which is south (it's a small highway and it is before the town of Indian Creek so if you go into the town of Indian Creek you have gone too far)
    Go approx. 3 miles and you will see a big billboard "Indian Creek Marina" at the junction.
    Turn left and go approx. 6 miles - this road leads you into the campground area.
    Follow signs to "group camp".

Thanks . . . Ray