Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a way to display my misc turkey beards. I found this old piece of wood with alternating nsails in it at my brother's. I need to clean the dirt of the back and get it hung, but I think it will turn out nice. I did tighten the wire loop I am using to hang them from the nails. I'll take another pic once I get it hung.

Wood Font Machine Metal Hardwood

Reactions: 67Firebird

· Banned
8,176 Posts
Punch out the primers on the shotgun shells ....use leather strap /boot lace through the primer hole and hang from that ,,,,I leave the hull on the shell ,,either way you can glue the beard up in the shell

· Registered
32,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Punch out the primers on the shotgun shells ....use leather strap /boot lace through the primer hole and hang from that ,,,,I leave the hull on the shell ,,either way you can glue the beard up in the shell
I had a small eye hook screwed into one of them. I pulled it out and opted with the wire so it would fit over the nail better. I may do what you suggest if I kill one this year.......

I just wish I remembered which beard was from what year so I could label the board.

· Grrrrrrr
30,201 Posts
Bugs got into mine a few years back and I lost a huge display of 20-30 beards dating back to the 80’s. I had sprayed them with bug spray occasionally over the years but not often enough apparently. Had a big loop of spurs that disappeared when we moved back in 2002.

Have a new collection started in zip lock bags in my freezer but so far haven’t done anything with them. Hate messing with em. Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.