Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
7,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little chainsawing yesterday after a good breakfast. Perfect day! Light winds, no blood and very few trees fell on my head. Had my good friend Jim Lane, 74 years old helping me!! Abby the part time waterfowler and full time pet in assist. Waiting on warmth for bee work and food plotting. Corn is gone and the deer are scratching through the clover...
Dog Snow Plant Carnivore Grass
Sky Cloud Plant Snow Natural landscape
Plant Tree Twig People in nature Wood
Plant Tree Wood Natural landscape Snow
Snow Natural landscape Wood Plant Twig

· Registered
7,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tordon only, never had a problem with surrounding trees. I usually add a little crossbow to the mix but ran out...

· King of Callaway
43,382 Posts
Looking good, need to get back out with my saw, not sure why the weather has to be nice through the week and horrible on the weekend.

Reactions: bajabill

· Registered
33,467 Posts
Good stuff Terry! Mother nature hasn't been very cooperative this winter. We did get in one long day last weekend with three saws & got a huge block of overly dense cedar decimated.

· Registered
32,997 Posts
If I do this TSI thing will my one rabbit on my place increase in population?
Other than the dozer path, do you have many brush piles on your place? When I was growing up, we had a feral cat issue on the farm. Removing the cats, building brush piles and a couple of winters of relocating rabbits helped a ton.

Reactions: WBF

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
My understanding, only if the roots of another tree are entangled with the target tree. Like Terry, I've never had a problem.
Roots of common species can sometimes graft together, in which case they will share the same vascular system. Translocating herbicides can move to the non-target tree and if enough translocation happens the tree can be adversely affected or worse.

· Registered
2,062 Posts
Roots of common species can sometimes graft together, in which case they will share the same vascular system. Translocating herbicides can move to the non-target tree and if enough translocation happens the tree can be adversely affected or worse.
Yea, they say it can happen with Tordon, some use Glyphosate instead. I've used a lot of Tordon, and like Pinny, never seen an isssue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.