Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70,620 Posts
A friend of mine just came back saturday after a week of fishing at Osage Bluff. Him and his wife caught a few hybreds 3 to 4 pounds and a hand full of whites. He said the crappie weren't biting. I think he didn't find the crappie. They are still there but you have to find them plus know how to catch them too. You might even try for some cats. Another friend just caught a 60 lb flathead on a limb line using a live perch. Good Luck

·
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mailman. We should find the crappie. I hear the summer pattern is in full swing. As for whites and hybrids, it is a hit or miss thing. I know the spots and time of day, the question is always will they show up. As far as the cats, we will be bringing the noodle jugs for them.

·
Registered
21,498 Posts
Last weekend Guy said while it was Hot he was catching his Limit of Crappie,first couple hours of the morning.Then soon as the Front came through they got lockjaw.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is ready.

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
We didn't do any diehard fishing this past weekend, but what little fishin we did we caught a rockbass, and a couple of catfish. We also caught a catfish on a trot line. If I heard right, the guy said not to fish the coves, but to fish the bluff's in the trees.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
caf4, 2 weeks ago we did pretty good in one of your favorite spots, does 3 forks area ring a bell? Last weekend I tried there again and didn't have too much luck in that area but did well in some other spots. Good luck, I may see you on the lake somewhere we be there, not sure what area we will be in but we may head up that way.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Brander...we are staying here....

http://www.anglersretreatmo.com/index.html

Stop on by late Friday night for a drink and some conversation if you are not worn out.

Rainbow and I should be within sight distance of "the cross". No more than a mile or two either direction. With the lake level below 706, alot of good "stuff" comes into play including a tree row in about 20-25 feet of water a little north of the cross that you can't see normally. That has been one of my most productive August spots.

oneshot...I have had the exact OPPOSITE luck where I fish on Truman. First thing in the morning and in the evening...little to nothing....but man in the middle of the day with the sun up...those crappie go NUTS.

I am getting EXCITED! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Well....

We have now enlisted the services of a famous Truman crappie killer to float around with us for a couple hours.

Look out fish....here we come!:D

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Uh....we are back....

2 days of fishing....2 keeper crappie....both yesterday....not a single bite today.

...found some nice cabins...famous crappie killer showed me lots of new spots...but no crappie...

...he did however put me onto the drum like I have never been in my life. :D

On a side note, today 3 local fellers in an old beat up tri hull with no trolling motor were working the trees around us and hauling in small crappie left and right. They had 2 baskets of fish hanging over the side of the boat and those fellows were just layin' it on them and Rainbow and I couldn't even get a nibble. It was extremely humbling.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
some days are like that man.......but it still sure as heck beats work :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
caf4, thats a bummer. I guess you were just in the wrong part of the lake, we had 30 sat. and 24 this morning. I wish I would have stopped by sat. night and you guys could have maybe came down and tried where we were.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.