Truman Lake Area??

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by oneshot 1, Feb 7, 2006.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Anyone hunt Corps Land there? I tell you every time I go there it just gets my Heart pumping.

I'm really thinking of moving there.

oneshot
    :D A good breeze gets the Big Grin going.

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    If you are going to do it you had better do it quick. The price of land around both Truman and Lake of the Ozarks has doubled in the past 5 years. I paid $400 an acre for my land 11 years ago and my new neighbor paid $1500 an acre just last year. Better get while the gitting is good.

3. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Yep ~ we paid around $850 per acre, six years ago.

And the taxes are taking the same route...up, up & away (geez ~ I sound like a commercial for TWA :D ).

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Keep an eye on the loan defaults & tax auctions in the local paper, David. There are a LOT of 'em. Just wish I had the money, to do it myself. I bought all I could afford, back in '99. All I had left, was pocket change...

Hey ~ better you, than a developer...

5. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    THAT is just the problem Chairman. The developers are buying up the family farms around the lake and dozing a road through the middle and selling off 20 acre parcels. Then they triple the price and they get it. Mostly from KC and St. Louis city folks.

6. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I just did the Paper Work for a Lot up there.Its about 50 yards from Goverment Land.

Thinking of building a Cabin on it and moving up there.Guy I bought it off of says there is bunch of people there in the Summer,but no one durring the Winter.

Its mostly an RV Park,like I say I just got a Lot.Its on the other side of the Lake from you Chairman.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin is ready to wet a worm.

7. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I just saw some land down the road the other day, that's new on the market. Don't know how big of a parcel it is, but it's in a good area, plus it has blacktop frontage. Not much traffic, neither...

Just a few miles from me ~ and Truman Lake public hunting land.

Mailman ~ I hear ya'... They were in the process of dividing up the land I bought ~ until I came along.

I got the entire 80 acres. Believe me ~ the neighbors were grateful for that, too. They were afraid it was gonna be turned into a bunch of small lots...

8. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    My neighbors were glad I bought my place also. Tyson foods were eyeballing my little forty acres for 6 chicken barns. Now that would really be nice on a July evening with the wind coming your way.