Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Braved the heat and fished for 3 days this past weekend. Put in at the defunct Talley Bend boat launch all 3 days.

Day 1, Sunday, and I was on the water around 2 and off the water by 4 with a limit of 10-13 inch crappie (pictured). All were caught in 10-14 feet of water. Just about the fastest I have ever caught a limit at Truman.

Day 2, Monday, a grade school buddy joined me and we went back to the same places as the day before...and a bunch more places...but the bite was "off" and we only managed 10 10-14 inch crappie over 7 hours. It was a long, hot, day.

Day 3, Tuesday, we decided to try the same places again just curious if the bite would be like Sunday or Monday. It was much closer to Sunday as we ended up with 21 10 - 13 inch crappie (pictured) in about 3 hours before the heat made us quit.

I think we saw maybe 2 other boats fishing and a couple boats jugging over the course of 3 days.
Food Seafood Animal product Fish Fish products

Sky Vertebrate Water Hat Seafood

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
You live scoping them?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You live scoping them?
Absofreakinlutely NOT! One, that would be "unfair chase" in my mind. Two, that stuff costs too much. Three, if I had one it would probably frustrate me. And, four, I know first hand I have outfished someone that used those things.

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Absofreakinlutely NOT! One, that would be "unfair chase" in my mind. Two, that stuff costs too much. Three, if I had one it would probably frustrate me. And, four, I know first hand I have outfished someone that used those things.
Lol
Ive kind of been against them but i am changing my mind. Especially since my father in law offered
To buy one for me.
i think it could really help my bass fishing over brush in the summer.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would have to agree with ya. Before I'd spend the money for livescope I would buy a trolling motor with spot lock technology. Nice fish in that pic.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,075 Posts
I bought a new boat over the winter and I pretty much loaded it up with all the bells and whistles except Livescope. The ice finally melted in February and I started fishing…mostly for crappie. Yea was doing ok fishing where I thought fish should be through Feb and March then into April and the whole time I’m watching guys with Livescope and how they fish. They would move along slowly scanning and don’t bother putting a hook in the water unless they see fish. Sometimes they catch some ….sometimes they don’t. If they don’t, they move on and try another school. Here I am casting blind not sure if there are fish down there or not or if they’re active. So that’s what Livescope does for ya….it eliminates spots where there aren’t fish. Yes, you can video game fish and get set it to put the bait right in the fishs mouth but you don’t have too. It makes ya more efficient because you know if fish are present. I ended up buying Livescope and I love it. I still have to understand where fish should be and the fish still have to be active or ya won’t catch ‘em. It is an eye opening experience….you can literally see everything…how the fish interact with each other, the structure, bait fish, other larger fish, your bait, your boat etc etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts