Truman Lake, 6/17-18

Discussion in 'Pan Fish' started by caf4, Jun 19, 2017.

1. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    They were biting.... :D

Attached Files:

2. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    Nice. Looks like some good eating size fish.

3. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO

Nothing under 10"....3 or 4 14" and one 15"...

5. Tarsal Gland

Tarsal Gland Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    KC
    Nice what arm of the lake did you fish?

6. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Osage

7. trapperBR549

trapperBR549 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2007
    mo
    Nice haul. I assume the red and green tags are to keep them identifiable? Is that something you made or is it a commercial product?

8. jewilliams

jewilliams Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Nice!

I'm ready to get back down that way after the 4th of July and chase some Crappie and Walleye.

9. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
  10. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    I Googled Colored Safety Pins and these came up...got 2" pins in Green, Red and Purple in quantities of 30....this gives me some backups/spares.

11. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

That's a great bunch of slabs. :cheers:

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Good idea!

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    My livewell has "His and Hers" compartments. :D

14. RB.

RB. Senior Member

May 16, 2003
    warren county
    Nice catch caf4. We'll be down there soon near the dam area. Guess is you were at the usual spot area.

15. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    General vicinity of usual spot(s)....

16. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    Well done! I'll get the grease hot... :)

A question - have any of you guys ever had a Conservation Agent give you grief over not having your fish or game identifiable? I've never had a state guy mention it but did have a USFS Ranger in the Mark Twain mention that my squirrels had to be identifiable from my dads. Dad and I had been squirrel hunting that morning and were now at a creek cleaning our squawks when the forest ranger rode his four wheeler through the woods to check us. I had dumped both our game bags out on the bank and we were team cleaning, meaning each of us had a specific job to perform on the squirrels. Sort of an assembly line thingy. After the ranger popped off with that I reached over and picked up a squirrel, squinted my eye at it and said, "Yep, this one is mine." I repeated until I had a limit counted out and piled separately. The ranger gave me the stink eye for a second and got on his four wheeler and left.

17. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Yes...years ago at Truman Lake some smart a** big old dude pulled the grill of his truck right up to my face while I was bending over putting the fish in a bucket getting ready to clean them. He got out of his truck and walked up and said "All those fish yours?"...I said "Nope, half are my brother-in-laws"...He said "Uuuuhuhh....How do you tell them apart?"...I said "His has gold pins and mine have silver pins."....He got back in his truck and left....

18. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Taken from the regs.....

Fish you take and possess must be kept separate or distinctly identifiable from fish taken by another person. If you are away from your catch, the device holding the fish must be plainly labeled with your full name and address.

19. MOGC

MOGC Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2008
    SE Ozark's
    It's a silly regulation...

20. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    SEMO
    We had a pair of scissors in the boat and one of us would clip off a fin of the fish. Never got checked but it was easy to tell ones persons fish from another. I like the 30 pin idea. Helps identify fish and how many very easily.