Truman crappie??????

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by vulcan2, Apr 29, 2006.

1. vulcan2

vulcan2 New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Missouri hills
    I've read a couple fishing reports from main marinas on Truman and they're saying the crappie are now in there summer time patterns, Anyone been over there the last few days and do you find this to be so. We were there 2 weeks ago this coming Monday and the crappie were just starting to spawn, in and out, seems a little quick with the weather conditions we've had the last 10 days for the spawn to be over, but what do I know. I'm planning on heading that way again on Monday and was curious whats going on.

Thanks,

V2

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Vulcan...2 of us fished all afternoon with jigs, upstream from Bucksaw...they had some rain a day or two before, and the water was murky. We didn't catch one crappie....either on the bank, or out in the trees...really slow day, but better'n workin!!!!

3. Okie

Okie Member

Sep 26, 2005
    central missouri
    i don't know about truman, but a buddie and i caught 25 on 4/26 at lake ozark. they were out in deeper water (35 foot down about 12 feet). out of the 25 there were 23 females all still carring eggs. went back on 4/28 three of us fished three hours and caught 17, not to good.

4. vulcan2

vulcan2 New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Missouri hills
    Thanks for the info, sounds like the reports coming off truman aren't to good, so I'll just wait another week before I head that way, maybe things will pick up again by then. I need to be workin anyway.

V2