Truman 4/23

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by DADAKOTA, Apr 23, 2006.

1. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
  2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    So.....they dropped the lake did they. Ya know the Corp does that on purpose just to screw with the crappie fisherman. "Oh no, we wouldn't do that. We want the fishermen happy". Total BS. I think they are all kin to my X father-in-law. He would let his cattle in the clover fields two days before deer season started. You could bet money on it. You wouldn't see a deer for a month. DADAKOTA where on Truman did ya all go?

3. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
    Down around the Tally Bend area.

4. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    DADAKOTA....did DSG take you solely to "his cove" or did you all move around a bit?

When we were there a week ago we couldn't catch anything in that cove but we did find fish elsewhere.

We are headed back down that way again this Friday for 3 days of fishing. I'm hoping the crappie are back at it hot and heavy.

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ok, Look I was the one trying to accomplish something over the weekend. The only text that you would have gotten were replies to DSG text to me!!!!! Don't worry I will not bother you all on the water again!

6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    :hysterical: Yeah right :wink4:

7. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
  8. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
  9. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    hmmm.....wonder what happened to those things in the last week?

They better be hungry by this Friday... :bangin:

10. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Was the water at truman clear?

11. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
    For that part of the lake it was.

12. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    What in the world are you talking about here! You have lost me! Well you ask DSG what the text that spurred that text was.

13. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
  14. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Dadakota--If you would check your U2U's you would see who edited this and why.
    Play nice -----

15. JHawkWX

JHawkWX New Member

May 19, 2003
    KCMO
    glad to see I'm not alone in getting skunked on Truman for sunday. couldn't get anything in the boat above 8 1/2". wife managed to catch our token drum for the trip though. :cheers:

16. TATER

TATER Active Member

And I caught a drum as well. I therefore will change my opinion of Truman from being a "gar hole" to a "drum hole"..;):rotfl::rotfl:

17. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    DSG did not get skunked. He caught a 9 1/16th inch crappie and a drum and an egg eater.

As for the rest of this chatter.......DSG's gots fish and a bird to clean. He hasn't time for nonsense. :D

18. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
  19. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    The good Lord giveth and DSG taketh away. :roll2:

20. JHawkWX

JHawkWX New Member

May 19, 2003
    KCMO
    "DSG did not get skunked."

So it's only a skunking when there's no one else there to take the blame....

If so, I'm blaming the absolutely fantastic water and weather conditions that kept me out there beating the trees, banks, and any other piece of structure I could throw a line at for the better part of all day.

:cheers:

beats work though :roll2: