Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though it is Fenced in.Now don't run off.

I just got back from my Hog Hunt,Had a Blast,killed a 200 pounder with 2 1/2 inch cutters.

I will tell you this I've check out Hog Hunts all over the U.S. found that there is only two places in the U.S. you can kill Pure Russian Boars.And we are blessed with one of them places here in Missouri.All of these Boars are imported.

If your thinking this can't be much of a Hunt being Fenced in,think again!You do not want these Hogs in the wild,they are a whole different Breed from Feral Hogs,they are souped up Bad A's.These Hogs are Trapped,Blood test run,tagged,very little Human contact.The place here in Missouri is at least 300 hundred acres which is what the state requires.He has no feeders,no Food Plots,one open field with Clover and Grass,but the bulk of the place is heavy brush.There is nothing but Boars released here which are 3-6 years old,so whatever you shoot will be a mountable Throphy.Being wild to start with they learn fast how to adapt to the area.

Now to my Hunt.I arrived Friday evening,they got me settle into the Bunkhouse which is supplied with all your needs other than food.You just make yourself at home they don't bother unless you need something.They asked what time I wanted to start my hunt in the morning,I told them 6:00AM would be fine.

Next morning they picked me up.Set me on a Stand next to a Pond,all kinds of sign,set there until 11:00 no Hogs.Went in ate Lunch rested.They took me back out 2:00PM,told them I was going to Stiil Hunt until 6:00PM then move to another Stand until dark.Well I was Still Hunting,went by couple good looking Stands.There was Brush Piles,these Hogs were tunneling through these Brush Piles,laying up in there,where there was no way you were getting them out.

I started seeing fresh sign,came to a ditch thought I would follow it,I stopped for a second,all HE!! broke loose,there was two Hogs laying 5 foot from me,I guess it was all they could take when I stopped,there was no way I could get a shot.Thought to myself now this is interesting.Went on up to the Stand I told them I would meet them at,then it started pouring rain.My Hunt was done for the day.

Next morning cool,but no rain,they picked me up.We get to the Gate there is two Hogs feeding in that open fied,I said I'm going to stalk up there and shoot one.I was told there was no way that I was going to slip up on them Hogs.They don't know this Indian want to be.I cut down below this pond,through the brush,sloooooowly broke out to the edge,there was this Boar feeding 40 yards out,not knowing I was around.Rememberd to aim Low and to the Front.Pulled the Trigger,the Inline spoke,Hog was running for the Brush,he gets to the edge I seen him go down.

The Belstle's run a top notch operation.If you want to know anymore PM me.Like I say I didn't get a real big Hog,but I'm proud of it.And it was well worth every penny I spent.

The Bunk House

How would you like to wake up to this?

Mr.Piggy

Hey even got my Bullet back

oneshot
:D The Big Grin loves Wild Bacon.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Sounds like oneshot had a heck of a hunt. Did ya get the big grin to go with ya or did he hide in the bunkhouse????

CONGRATS

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by henry
Sounds like oneshot had a heck of a hunt. Did ya get the big grin to go with ya or did he hide in the bunkhouse????

CONGRATS

He was Backup.

oneshot
:D Yea the Big Grin was WAAAAY back!!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
great oneshot,sounds like a good place to go for good hunt.looks like he has a lot of russian in him.but i though they wern't allowed to import anymore in the state.i guess they have some good breed stock there for sure.my kind of hunting spot and stalk did it run a pretty good price ?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,284 Posts
Congratulations oneshot!:eek:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Good going...........Congrats :wave:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Whhooo Hoooo! Can we say Bar B Q? Good story and congrats!:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Hannibal
great job on the hog oneshot. where is this place ??? do they have a web site??? post up some more details and they might get some more business.
Here you go!

http://www.cedarridgehunting.com/home.htm

oneshot
:D Lucky the Big Grin only had to put up with oneshots cooking for two days.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Sounds like you had a great hunt!
Congrats on you hog!

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Thats a great story and I was hoping you would score... as if I had to hope!

So glad to hear you had a good time.

I got a fever to hunt these deals.. I'll prolly try to get up a group and go there.
Its close, ya know! :)

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
sounds like good times to me! Congrats!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.