Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: fishshooter

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was 6 when grandpa died so I never got to talk to him about it but from what I understand he was in North Africa, France, and Germany. He followed behind the battles and "cleaned up". I would assume it was safer, at least physically....

· Registered
32,087 Posts
The men on the beaches were incredible but don't forget the folks that worked in the factories like my grandma. American industrial power may have done more to win the war than the men on the ground. She is now in her 90's and still pretty sharp. I have never once heard her complain and I know being a single mom in the 40's was no walk in the park.

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
The men on the beaches were incredible but don't forget the folks that worked in the factories like my grandma. American industrial power may have done more to win the war than the men on the ground. She is now in her 90's and still pretty sharp. I have never once heard her complain and I know being a single mom in the 40's was no walk in the park.
Absolutely

I was reading today about the fact that us munitions produced here kept the Russian front fighting

Strange to me how fast countries become aligned or at odds and how people do not

· Grrrrrrr
30,190 Posts
That was a big day in world history....the events of that day didn’t win the war on its own but sure had a big impact.

Hard to imagine what the world might be like today with this and a few other victories going the other way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.