Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
I'm glad I got this done last summer.
My truck was being backed off the trailer when we showed up. Selling like hotcakes.

I couldnt say regarding Fords... I didnt even consider one but would have had they not had the right GMC in stock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I hope somebody has valuable input here. Mine has nearly caused three accidents now. Sitting at a stop sign in traffic, a small opening occurs, and I gun it to get out in between vehicles only to find my damn truck has to start first. I shut it off constantly, but occasionally I forget if I am in and out of stores, gas stations, etc.
Dumbest "innovation" to this date.
Depends on the vehicle. There may be 'widgets' out there that'll disable it, but if there's tuning available for the vehicle, there's probably a way to kill it that way. And yes, it's a completely stupid 'feature'. I've driven a few vehicles with it and it SUCKED. There's no way I'd buy a vehicle with it if I didn't know I could tune it out beforehand.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
People “gunning” it through a small opening in front of me pixz me off to no end, especially if there is a lot of room behind me. Would have taken 2 seconds to let me pass.

But, my truck has auto stop and I agree its dumb as can be. I disable it but like manitou, I forget sometimes and its on.

There is a device that plugs into your ECM called Range Extender. It can force your truck out of AFM and auto stop now, and isnt a “tune” so wont void your warranty. I bought one for my previous truck to stop the AFM madness and it worked, for a whil. Then my truck started throwing all kinds of check engine codes, so I solkd it on eBay.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
People “gunning” it through a small opening in front of me pixz me off to no end, especially if there is a lot of room behind me. Would have taken 2 seconds to let me pass.

But, my truck has auto stop and I agree its dumb as can be. I disable it but like manitou, I forget sometimes and its on.

There is a device that plugs into your ECM called Range Extender. It can force your truck out of AFM and auto stop now, and isnt a “tune” so wont void your warranty. I bought one for my previous truck to stop the AFM madness and it worked, for a whil. Then my truck started throwing all kinds of check engine codes, so I solkd it on eBay.
Yeah, I don't make a habit of doing that. I am talking about getting out in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I got offered $20-22k for my 2010 Tundra with 95k miles that I paid $27.5k for almost 8 years ago when it has 22,000 miles. The market is outrageous.

Tundras similar in age and miles to when I bought mine (so 2018 and 20-25k miles) are basically non-existent or have sticker prices or $45.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
About crapped when I had to go to the dealer to get an oil filter for my '21 Eco-diesel Ram. $100 for an oil filter. Can't find any aftermarket.

·
1,358 Posts

·
13,514 Posts
Last Thursday Lou Fusz had 2 Silverados they had just got in an sales person said they have no clue what they will get any given day, and today they have a whole row of them.
While I was in Kansas I did see a Ford Raptor, lowered with wide wheels with low profile tires..tried to get a picture but couldn't

·
13,514 Posts
From MSN Auto's

The global chip shortage is wreaking havoc on production lines everywhere. Ford has already seen some of the worst of this, already having to slow production of its F-150, Escape, and Lincoln Corsair lines. Earlier this week, the Detroit Free Press revealed the shortage has also hit its most exciting new car in years, the upcoming Bronco.

This year was set to be huge for Ford, which is introducing an all-new F-15o in addition to its new Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Mustang Mach-E lines. A company executive confirmed a reported 22,000 vehicles completed and awaiting missing chips in late March, and the continued chip shortage means those numbers may rise before Ford can finally start selling its new stock.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Rock Auto?? $41.79 for Mopar 68498720AA

Thanks. Truck was at the shop for an oil change, guy called and said none of the suppliers had one. Wife went to dealer, we had no idea it was going to be any more than a standard oil filter. $41 still is ridiculous!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Sakelaris ford in Rolla has this 2018 ford for sale for $62,435.00. If you look at the window sticker it only sold new for $55,625.00. Who in there right mind would pay that much for a 3 year old truck when they could have bought it new for allot less. These car dealers are nuts.

·
13,514 Posts
Local dealer Londoff said they will probably give yoou more on a 2018-19 then what you bought it for, and he said it is crazy right now

·
Don't mind me
9,280 Posts
Tundras similar in age and miles to when I bought mine (so 2018 and 20-25k miles) are basically non-existent or have sticker prices or $45.
I’m looking at f150 lariat’s 2018 and newer and having trouble finding what I want under 40k looking nationwide. Screening for 60k miles or less...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've been seriously considering selling my 2012 F150...carvana wants to give me crazy money for it...but I dont think I can find anything to replace it with.

·
Don't mind me
9,280 Posts
I've been seriously considering selling my 2012 F150...carvana wants to give me crazy money for it...but I dont think I can find anything to replace it with.
Vroom is another one you could check with before you sell that route. I missed this one overnight last Tuesday.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts