Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford dealers are carrying about 20% of their recent normal levels. Sinclair has only 55 F 150s on their lot. Pundman has only 32 trucks tween rangers, 150s, 250s and 350s.
Bommarito has under 40 f 150s, sunset under 40.
Glad my 10 yrs old truck has under 120k miles on it.

·
13,514 Posts
They are all parked some where waiting for the chips, Tactacam just sold 75,000 cameras with chips in them and said they are waiting on chips to build more, they sold 115,000 last year, lots of chips being used for all sorts of things.

The old Bamarito store in north county is full of Colorado/Canyons and 2 big fields full of them on the east side of the river and several fields full of them by the plant. There is a big field buy Junction City Kansas full of Silverados. GM has said it will take until September to get them all delivered. I'm on Colorado Fans forum and guys have ordered trucks in November and still waiting on them.
Used Colorado/Canyons are going for a premium. Lou Fusz had 0 Colorados and 2 Silverardos on the lot last Friday, sales guy said they have no idea what they will be getting on an given day as the 2 Silverados just showed up on a truck that morning.
Was at Lou Fusz Jeep last week and their lot was over half empty, they had 4 Wranglers a couple Cherokee's and Renegades, about 15 Grand Cherokee's and 23 Gladiators...

·
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I am not in the market for a new vehicle...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Need to replace my 2500 1999 before i retire. Runs great if I can get it to pass inspection this year might be able to wait till prices come down.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I bought a Chevy Traverse 2 weeks ago, they said they have more vehicles sitting without chips than they have to sell right now!

·
Don't mind me
9,280 Posts
I’m trying to buy a f150 and it’s ugly out there folks. Was going to call this morning to buy one sight unseen and it sold overnight. Back to square one.. fml

·
Registered
69,438 Posts
As for Chevys it seems the only color available now is white. Both Chevy Dealers in Blue Springs and Independence are full of white trucks. No other color on either lot. Must be "Fleet Sales" promotion month?

·
Don't mind me
9,280 Posts
As for Chevys it seems the only color available now is white. Both Chevy Dealers in Blue Springs and Independence are full of white trucks. No other color on either lot. Must be "Fleet Sales" promotion month?
Nobody wants red trucks anymore. I’m looking for white or silver.

·
13,514 Posts
Nobody wants red trucks anymore. I’m looking for white or silver.
that's funny right there 🤣

MM I would not doubt that all those white trucks do not run, I think they are putting the chips in other colors and letting the (wt)work trucks pile up.

·
#Debbie
11,317 Posts
I was going to order one but they couldn't tell me when it might be in and I was worried about the new 10 speed Allison not being out long. Guy I know had a gently used 19 he used as a grocery getter so I got it. I've seen the prices really jump in the past couple months. Neighbor has 6 Dmax's on order with no idea when they'll show.

·
#Debbie
11,317 Posts
In the past 2-3 months it looks like Duramax trucks have gone up about 4k. Escalades have gone up almost 5k since last fall.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I had a hard time finding my truck when I bought last June. I actually bought the RTZ in the color I wanted and put the Trailboss lift in it.
It was pretty slim picking then.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I was told to not buy a new vehicle that was made during coronavirus times. The thought was that with so many workers off for the virus the vehicles were being built by people not familiar with the jobs they were doing. Also due to coronavirus parts were hard to obtain and substitutes were made sometimes in lesser quality than what would have been used. Anybody know someone who builds cars that can confirm this? It may just be hearsay and have no truth behind it. Luckily I’m not planning on a new vehicle in the near future.

·
Registered
31,423 Posts
Ford dealers are carrying about 20% of their recent normal levels. Sinclair has only 55 F 150s on their lot. Pundman has only 32 trucks tween rangers, 150s, 250s and 350s.
Bommarito has under 40 f 150s, sunset under 40.
Glad my 10 yrs old truck has under 120k miles on it.
It would be a real good time to sell that old truck Scott. Wait a year and buy a new one for close to what you got out of the old one.

·
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would be a real good time to sell that old truck Scott. Wait a year and buy a new one for close to what you got out of the old one.
My shoes dont like the year with out a truck though

Reactions: trapperBR549

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I was told to not buy a new vehicle that was made during coronavirus times. The thought was that with so many workers off for the virus the vehicles were being built by people not familiar with the jobs they were doing. Also due to coronavirus parts were hard to obtain and substitutes were made sometimes in lesser quality than what would have been used. Anybody know someone who builds cars that can confirm this? It may just be hearsay and have no truth behind it. Luckily I’m not planning on a new vehicle in the near future.
Sounds like barber shop gossip to me. What you heard may be correct to an extent, but a lot of the shortage last year was due to the fact that manufacturers were making ventilators and parts for them and ceased truck production for a while. Secondly, I can't see a manufacturer tossing Carol from book keeping on the line to install engines while Tony is off sick.
Of course, this is just my view and I have no factual data either way. Let's google it! Be back in a few...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts