Trout Magnet?

Discussion in 'Trout & Fly Fishing' started by pa_yote_hunter, Apr 22, 2006.

1. pa_yote_hunter

pa_yote_hunter New Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Polk County, MO
    Anybody ever use trout magnet?!?!

I was wondering if they really worked. I never have tried them, but i was thinking about trying em out next time i go to bennett springs. Think they work?

http://www.troutmagnet.com/tm_main.html

2. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    Sure. If you buy it it will have done half it's job.:dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:

3. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    All kidding aside, Imhave no idea how the trout magnet might work. I have some but have never used them. If they work let me know.

4. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    pa_yote, I actually knew the guy that invented them. He lives and works down in Searcy, AR. He's an alum of Harding University, which I attended for a while. Honestly, it's a pretty good trout lure. They're not that expensive so....why not? Give it a try. I've heard good things about them.

5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    I'll stick to my maribou jigs after trying them... black/yellow or white/pink!!
    :cheers::cheers:

6. treestand hunter

treestand hunter New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Florissant,MO
    A friend of mine that goes trout fishing at Meremac swears by them. I sure will be getting me some very soon since I will going down to Montauk in a couple weeks.

7. kenjenmo

kenjenmo New Member

I have tried them at Montauk before with not much luck. The fish seemed interested in the lure but would not commit to it...The problem could have been my presentation though.

8. I too know Jeff (the inventor). Everyone has a go to bait when nothing else is working that you feel extremely confident with. The Trout Magnet is mine. I have cought more fish on the Trout Magnet than any other live or artificial bait that i've used. I can't say enough about it. I will say that for it to be as affective as possible, a lot of rod action is required. You want to make it tumble and turn while presenting it to the fish. Kind of like a really fast jigging motion. Drive's them trout crazy. Well, good luck (although you won't need it with the Magnet).

Nathan

9. I would also recomend 2 lb test. Especially at the trout parks. You may break off more often, but you will also have more hook ups. Happy Fishing!

10. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Hey Nathan, where do you know Jeff from?

11. Same place, Harding. I have spent many an hour fishing with that guy. One of the nicest guys out there! He has heck of a story to go along with his lure. Have you heard it? I'm guessing you went to HU?

12. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I only talked with Jeff a few times and never had the chance to go fishing with him unfortunately. Long story short, he was good friends with some friends of mine.

Yes, I went to HU for two semesters. Fall of '99 and fall of '01. Couldn't keep my grades up good enough to stay for any extended period of time. :hysterical: Had a blast hunting and fishing around there, though. Spent MANY an hour on the Little Red and a place called the Cherokee State Forest (or something like that) out near Heber Springs.

13. Oh yeah! Same story here for the most part. Got married, left home, and started school all within a week or two. Needless to say, i was quite the hunter and fisherman and not so much the student or husband. I archery hunted at Hurricane Lake? and some other land over by Bald Knob. It was Great Fun for the 2 years I was there.

14. Oh, I was there from fall of 99 till fall 01.