Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Sure. If you buy it it will have done half it's job.:dancin::dancin::dancin::dancin:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
All kidding aside, Imhave no idea how the trout magnet might work. I have some but have never used them. If they work let me know.

·
5,632 Posts
pa_yote, I actually knew the guy that invented them. He lives and works down in Searcy, AR. He's an alum of Harding University, which I attended for a while. Honestly, it's a pretty good trout lure. They're not that expensive so....why not? Give it a try. I've heard good things about them.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
I'll stick to my maribou jigs after trying them... black/yellow or white/pink!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I too know Jeff (the inventor). Everyone has a go to bait when nothing else is working that you feel extremely confident with. The Trout Magnet is mine. I have cought more fish on the Trout Magnet than any other live or artificial bait that i've used. I can't say enough about it. I will say that for it to be as affective as possible, a lot of rod action is required. You want to make it tumble and turn while presenting it to the fish. Kind of like a really fast jigging motion. Drive's them trout crazy. Well, good luck (although you won't need it with the Magnet).

Nathan

·
5,632 Posts
Hey Nathan, where do you know Jeff from?

·
5,632 Posts
I only talked with Jeff a few times and never had the chance to go fishing with him unfortunately. Long story short, he was good friends with some friends of mine.

Yes, I went to HU for two semesters. Fall of '99 and fall of '01. Couldn't keep my grades up good enough to stay for any extended period of time. :hysterical: Had a blast hunting and fishing around there, though. Spent MANY an hour on the Little Red and a place called the Cherokee State Forest (or something like that) out near Heber Springs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Oh yeah! Same story here for the most part. Got married, left home, and started school all within a week or two. Needless to say, i was quite the hunter and fisherman and not so much the student or husband. I archery hunted at Hurricane Lake? and some other land over by Bald Knob. It was Great Fun for the 2 years I was there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.