Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to use trout as Catfish bait? The daily limit is 4 rainbows fished out of Taneycomo. I figured you have the right to eat them or use as bait for catfish as long as you don't exceed a possession limit?

Unless purchased from a trout farm?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
[rquote=1483629&tid=103709&author=SmokinBarrel]Is it legal to use trout as Catfish bait? The daily limit is 4 rainbows fished out of Taneycomo. I figured you have the right to eat them or use as bait for catfish as long as you don't exceed you possession limit, right?[/rquote]

I am going to guess that this is illegal. I believe it is illegal to use game fish as bait, and I Think trout are classified as gamefish.:shrug:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would think the same, trout being a game fish. So, if the trout is caught from Taneycomo (limit) it is considered a gamefish, and not able to use as bait. But, you can eat it.

If the trout is caught at a trout farm, can you use as catfish bait? Of course, that would become expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.