Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking! What if the main tether lines from jugs to anchor could be slid through the eye of the anchor and the jug handle, forming a loop. The main fishing line would be attached solid to the tether line loop so it could be raised to bait and check or lower to fishing depth by un-doing a clamp or knot on the tether line loop by the jug. Then pulling up on one lead or the other as you would a pully.

Attachments

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I never fished my trotlines that deep..and almost always fished them parallel to the bank. But it looks good on paper.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
danceswithbooze; LMAO! Thats it I'm having a ****tail on dat one!:cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
1) you don't want your lines below the oxygen line, cause then all you'll catch are a FEW blues. (this line is usually around 10 feet in the summer)

2) as a rule of thumb, fish will feed up, but not down.

Just food for thought.

Parker

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
Originally posted by danceswithbooze
Snowman,

After close examination of your set up I think I have discovered your problem...
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys; I think you just helped me a bunch! Some here have said to set them up close to where the channel meets the flats. Well I think my deep anchor is down 35'. Thats why I am having so much trouble holding the anchor up to check and bait. I'm going to pick up today and reset in shallower water, unless by some fluke I have a good catch.

Whitetailer, whats's that alittle ice creature?:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.