Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if all goes well I will set my first trot line today in LOZ. Here is what I am starting with. Just 15 hooks but I don't want too much stress ya know! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a fish pic!!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Can't wait to see the results. Good Luck!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
someone getting ready to have a fish fry

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
danceswithbooze; That is great, thank you! I wish I would have seen that before I went out tonight!

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,538 Posts
I've done a lot of trotlining & thought I had tried everything at one time or another. Have to admit, I learned a few things there. Good link.

Snowman, that's a good looking setup there. It's a blast, wait till you get 5-6 large fish on that thing, you'll love it. Turtles, not so much fun. Keep your knife handy, just in case you have to cut that sucker loose. Unless you like turtle meat.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK..no laughing online people! I had this monster on a hotdog hook, a dead gar and 2 slimmy leaders. Redid some things and rebaited with all hotdogs cause Mrs Snowman felt bad about all da dead bluegills. I considered telling you that I had a 60 pounder but I let him go for the good of da fishery EH!:D Tomorrow I'm gunna make a haul!:D

OH YEA ..AN DEN.. a small snake fell in da boat and guess who found it! Yep Mrs Snowman! :eek::eek::eek: Got it out but not with out some long term emotional damage!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Hey wasn't that one of those fish that they feed at the dock from one of those tourist 25cent machines? You sure you didn't scoop him up with your dip net? Did you use Plumpers or da cheese filled ones for bait? Ya mean dat yor boat wasn't big enough for the Mrs and the snake? Was that emotional damage on your part or the Mrs? Next time I'm down I'll get the scoop on the "how to's" from my friend Clint. He catches the biguns down there and has some fun doing it too. Good luck on your run in the morning.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i'd be soooooooo ashamed.:wink:hope you do better tomorrow:cheers:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mailman; NO, NO, Regular cheap ones, NO, Mrs, That would be great, and thanks!

Yote; I kinda am, and me too!

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,538 Posts
NO NO NO, don't be ashamed. You didn't actually get skunked.

Course one time on the chariton, we had one of those fiddlers on a bank line. He turned out to be bait.:) 18# flathead. Bottom half of the fiddler was almost digested.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Oops! Sorry Snowman! I started BUSTING up before you said no laughing! I scared everyone in the house I was laughing so hard! :hysterical:

Slimy hooks left huh?! Sounds like you need some Kahle hooks! :D You'll have several empty baits til you get them! :D

Parker

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Parker; Thats one of the main reasons I moved to MO....to humor you!;)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK I reset in a different spot. 6-12' of water. WOW, a lot easier than pulling up an 18lb anchor on twine, in 30 some feet of water, and holding it to bait 6 hooks!:bangin: Plus now I know about oxygen being so low down below and today Lloyd said something about the thermocline being at 10'. Tomorrow is the day!:roll2:

Also while catching bait I got about a 3 lb bass, kissed her for her troubles. Lots of surprises on LOZ! Baited with blusgill, sunfish and the almighty ballpark generic plumpers!

Just you wait Parker and Yote! You won't be laughing you :moon: when I bring in Mobby!;)

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
there are some big ones there ,but get you some shad or something.talked some guys that been jugging up at marktwain.been whipping them out prety good lots of blues all during the daylight hours in this heat.they got to be crazy.show me some in the fifties in the morning.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.