Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an earlier post, I posted that I killed my first turkey. I was so excited to post the story, I forgot the bad part of the story. I took the gobbler fan off, having read about ways to preserve them, which I had planned to do. I placed the fan in my truck bed under the box where it would stay dry. There happens to be an outlaw cat running around the farm, it must have jumped up in my truck bed and tore it all apart. I was very p.o.'d. to say the least. I would have let the cat have the whole turkey carcass if he would have just asked me. The owner of that farm said he wanted the cat gone, so I have put a bounty on his head. (A 12pk. of beer.) When I get his little butt, I am going to put together whats left of the fan with his stuffed head in the center looking out.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by novicehunter
When I get his little butt, I am going to put together whats left of the fan with his stuffed head in the center looking out.
Dang, another good use fer a dead cat!!:cheers:

Jack:D

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Reminds me of our Iowa turkey trip....my bro in law left his 1 5/8" spurs layin around, and a cat got to em.....he even brought a dead mouse back as a peace offering.....lol. It's a wonder that cat didn't git skint!!!!

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
:banghead: darned cat anyway :banghead:

I guess congrats are still in order for your success though.

·
just a no body
15,867 Posts
several years ago I got my 1st decent 8 point buck the Buck was a little long in the tooth but had a dandy spread...being the proud hunter wanting to show his mentor (my Grandpa RIP) the next time I head down to Arkansas I took the rack with me. My truck at the time sat fairly high off the ground but had no tailgate. went out to show him the next morning..It was GONE!!!:whinging: man was I mad .I knew it was back ther when I arrived cuz I seen it when I pulled out my travel bag. I seriously thought someone was pulling a joke on me and i did'nt like it.:mad2: Well the trip came & went but no Rack & no one fessed up to it.. a few weeks later my cousin calls and said that a nbr had found his dog carrying around a deer rack& asked if he knew who's it might be..Yea he said he knew..I love dogs but that one coulda died..athletic SOB I give him that

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Well I got the same bounty out for a mouse ! I killed my bird here last Wednesday and was leaving for MO on Thursday morning. Butchered my Indiana bird Thursday before I left and when I cut the beard off I laid it on the seat of my 4 wheeler...it's gone.. found a few hairs from it down in chassie of the 4 wheeler. I've got a mouse who took up residency in my garage over the winter. Him and I have an appointment to get my beard back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.