Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
[rquote=2523952&tid=175339&author=trapperBR549][rquote=2523939&tid=175339&author=BigJake][rquote=2523532&tid=175339&author=trapperBR549]My dear prefers some teakillya with her salt. I just get her the cheap stuff, not going to let her know where I keep the Patron. :cheers:[/rquote]

Once you empty that Patron bottle just fill it back up with the cheap stuff for her to use. She won't know the difference and you'll be a hero. :cheers:[/rquote]

Thanks Big Jake! Rat was right, you are a tool, as in an instrument for education. :cheers:
I love learning about salt and stuff. :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

You're welcome, but I can't really claim that idea. My Dad did that for years with vodka. :cheers:

·
Registered
31,470 Posts
[rquote=2523954&tid=175339&author=BigJake][rquote=2523952&tid=175339&author=trapperBR549][rquote=2523939&tid=175339&author=BigJake][rquote=2523532&tid=175339&author=trapperBR549]My dear prefers some teakillya with her salt. I just get her the cheap stuff, not going to let her know where I keep the Patron. :cheers:[/rquote]

Once you empty that Patron bottle just fill it back up with the cheap stuff for her to use. She won't know the difference and you'll be a hero. :cheers:[/rquote]

Thanks Big Jake! Rat was right, you are a tool, as in an instrument for education. :cheers:
I love learning about salt and stuff. :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

You're welcome, but I can't really claim that idea. My Dad did that for years with vodka. :cheers:[/rquote]

I read an article in Cooks magazine awhile back where they bought the cheapest vodka they could find and ran it through a charcoal water filter about 3 times. Hardly anybody could tell it from the gray goose. I gave it a try and ran it past the vodka snobs I know. They couldn't tell either and it was 1/4'th the price.

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
[rquote=2523954&tid=175339&author=BigJake]

You're welcome, but I can't really claim that idea. My Dad did that for years with vodka. :cheers:[/rquote]
Now that's all backwards. In our house I used to do that to Dads bottles of booze. :claphands:
He finally caught on and bought only Scotch crapola and his beer choice Natty Light. :whiteflag:

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
[rquote=2523968&tid=175339&author=Wings Fan 19][rquote=2523954&tid=175339&author=BigJake]

Now that's all backwards. In our house I used to do that to Dads bottles of booze. :claphands:
He finally caught on and bought only Scotch crapola and his beer choice Natty Light. :whiteflag:[/rquote]

That's what he did to his friends when they came over so they would think he drank the expensive vodka.

I, on the other hand, stayed away from the vodka and filled the rest of the bottles like whiskey or tequila back up with similarily colored water. Dad only drank vodka. :D

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
[rquote=2523624&tid=175339&author=Jeremy]

Like this? Percent by weight as the end result is so low it wouldn't make a difference.
12 percent mineral, or 9 percent. When I'm putting out a 15lb rock, that 3 percent isn't going to make much of a difference. However, the trophy rock supplies minerals trace mineral in a bag doesn't provide.

[rquote=2523460&tid=175339&author=MellerAM]Cattle and deer don't like minerals, they like salt. Mineral by itself is not palatable so to get minerals into an animal's system you have to mix it in with salt.

Trace mineral salt is 98% salt, even when mixed as the holy grail of deer mineral (100 lbs trace, 50 lbs stock salt, 50 lbs dicalcium phosphate) you are looking at less than 12% minerals.

74% Salt
14.75% Inert Ingredients
5.75% Calcium
4.5% Phosphorus
1% Trace Minerals

I'm sure the above mix provides some more "nutritional value" than Trophy Rock, A&H mix, Salt Blocks, Trace Mineral Salt or Block, but it is probably less palatable because of the lower salt content.:02:

[Edited on 5-30-2012 by MellerAM][/rquote][/rquote]

A trophy rock is not 9% minerals, not by a long shot.

[file]252439[/file]

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
So they are falsely advertising their product? Amazing they haven't been sued yet.
And the 5 percent chloride these people are adding to the salt content is chemically wrong. It's not sodium chloride. Chloride alone is not salt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
91 percent sea salt, 9 percent minerals

However you cut it, trophy rocks work. Period
I've done the trace mineral sights, I've done the mdc recipe, and bar none the trophy rock gets more action than any of the other mineral supplements I've bought. My trail cams don't lie
Trophy Rock is just a natural salt that is mind in Redmond Utah. Just look up Redmond salt

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Trophy Rock is just a natural salt that is mind in Redmond Utah. Just look up Redmond salt

Mined up a 9 year old thread in the first post. Well done

I've used trophy rock on 2 farms. They never touch it. Last year I set up a new lick on the new farm. Just for giggles I put a TR out and 5ft away put out a 50lb salt block. I’d get the tractor stuck if I forgot and drove through the salt. I could backfill the TR dig out with a cereal bowl. Buddy hunts a couple miles away. Between my 2 farms actually. He swears by it tho. Soil maybe?

I had similar experience with the old deer cocaine from years ago. Put that out one year and forgot. Came back a long time later and looked like a bomb had gone off. Tried it numerous times the ensuing 3-5 years and they never touched it again. Haven’t bought it since

41 - 51 of 51 Posts