Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why should i use this product? just reading the new NAW and they compared several mineral products and trophy rock and biologic rock were both 96% salt, why not just buy trace mineral for $4 a bag ( 50lb ) and save all that money and just throw in a random big creek rock for looks? :pop:

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
Been preaching that for years.

I for one like to save money....I know...seems strange to do that but I'm kinda weird that way.:shrug:

Trophy Rock Ingredients

calcium (min) .35%
calcium (max) .85%
phosphorus .02%
salt (min) 91.0%
salt (max) 96.0%
magnesium (min) .06%
potassium (min) .03%
sulfur (min) .07%
manganese (min) 5ppm
zinc (min) 3ppm
iron (min) 300ppm
copper (min) 3ppm
iodine (min) 10ppm

[Edited on 5-30-2012 by Mailman]

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
91 percent sea salt, 9 percent minerals

However you cut it, trophy rocks work. Period
I've done the trace mineral sights, I've done the mdc recipe, and bar none the trophy rock gets more action than any of the other mineral supplements I've bought. My trail cams don't lie

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Trophy Rock is an all-natural mineral lick containing more than 60 beneficial trace minerals that grow bigger antlers, healthier deer, and successful hunts.

Why Does Trophy Rock Work?
The more time you spend hunting, the more you come to respect deer. When you go out scouting you don't just see developing antlers, you see a developing herd. You come to understand that in the survival-of-the-fittest world deer live in, small changes in the environment can bring about huge changes in the herd. That's why so many hunters are Trophy Rock fans for life – it's a small change with a huge payoff.

Deer Need Minerals
Just like you and me, deer need nutrients and minerals to stay healthy. Unlike you and me, deer can't just pop a daily multi-vitamin, and if they don't find what their bodies need on your land they'll leave to find it somewhere else. The minerals in Trophy Rock improve muscle function, bone development, digestion, lactation, and gestation. In other words, Trophy Rock can improve overall herd health.

Macro Minerals
Deer need some key minerals, like calcium and sodium, in large amounts. Trophy Rock provides these macro minerals required for deer health.

Calcium
Calcium combines with phosphorus to help make hard crystal-like substances that create the foundation for stronger antler, bone, and teeth.
Phosphorous
Found mostly in the animal's bones, phosphorous also helps regulate the release of energy.
Potassium
Potassium helps deer maintain chemically balanced digestive systems and form electrolytes in body fluid.
Magnesium
Magnesium helps turn food into energy and helps the deer's body use calcium efficiently.
Sodium
The basis of most salt blocks and foundation of mineral supplements, sodium naturally helps the body absorb other nutrients.
Sulfur
Sulfur helps animals digest food and is important in developing tendons and cartilage.
Micro Minerals
Trophy Rock also provides micro minerals in a naturally balanced ratio. Without this balance, micro minerals can become toxic to deer.

Iron
Much of the iron is used in the blood, with the rest stored in bone marrow, antlers, and other organs.
Copper
Copper deficient animals can have weak hearts and vulnerable immune systems.
Zinc
Zinc builds new cells and is critical during antler development, pregnancy, lactation, and healing from injuries.
Manganese
Helping break down carbohydrates and fat for energy, manganese also plays an important role in strong bone and cartilage.
Cobalt
A mineral found in vitamin B-12, cobalt helps animals digest feed.
Iodine

What's in that bag of trace mineral? I don't know...

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Nevermind, I looked it up

6 trace minerals in a bag or trace mineral from orchelns

Descriptions Specs
  The proper combination of zinc, manganese, cobalt, copper, iodine and iron

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
The salt mines are making a killing off of us. No way around it. :eek::

Parker

·
Banned
24,573 Posts
[file]252384[/file]

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
[rquote=2523314&tid=175339&author=I-55Bandit]I do both and i can tell u they smash.the TR[/rquote]

Simple reason for that.

It is more assessable to them being a solid block of salt that they can lick and get a quicker fix than they do when licking the dirt that stock salt mixed with which ever additive you choose. The Trophy Rock will slowly desolve some back into the soil that they return to after the actual rock disappears.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Longer lasting?????? I havent used any but do put a salt block here and there, over the course of our farm, the salt blocks last around 2 years I would say. We use Vita Rak Mineral, which I think is the best, and it requires a lot of "Freshing" up. :wave:

[Edited on 5-30-2012 by slayer19]

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
......but the Deer love it,and that's what counts in the end! :shrug: :whistle:

My 50lb salt blocks may last 8 months to 1 year at the most,if we get some decent rain they disappear a lot faster and I have trail camera proof all types of animals use it year round including the Deer we all love to spoil! :D :cheers:

·
27,514 Posts
If you were to put a trophy rock and a trace mineral block side by side, which will the deer prefer? Has anyone done that?

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,238 Posts
[rquote=2523368&tid=175339&author=mohunter32]If you were to put a trophy rock and a trace mineral block side by side, which will the deer prefer? Has anyone done that?[/rquote]

I think some have. I did and was surprised to see them prefering the trophy rock. I did it for 2 years. I freshened the 14 yr old lick and then put a trophy rock on the edge of it. I got tons of pictures of the deer walking into the lick and eating the trophy rock and not the lick. The following year I freshened the lick and then after the material had disolved into the lick I put a trophy rock smack in the middle of it. After the rock had disolved I had deer working a small hole in the middle of the lick where the trophy rock had been. Don't know why,, but they do have a legitimate claim. I guess that just like all soils and all lime stone ect are not the same neither are all salts and minerals perhaps.

·
Banned
24,573 Posts
[rquote=2523333&tid=175339&author=Mailman][rquote=2523314&tid=175339&author=I-55Bandit]I do both and i can tell u they smash.the TR[/rquote]

Simple reason for that.

It is more assessable to them being a solid block of salt that they can lick and get a quicker fix than they do when licking the dirt that stock salt mixed with which ever additive you choose. The Trophy Rock will slowly desolve some back into the soil that they return to after the actual rock disappears.[/rquote]

I tried the washing soda and salt here, they didn't touch it. :wave:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
So maybe the Trophy Rock should be considered an attractant, and not a mineral provider :thinking: Therefore the big antlers should be removed from the TR packaging and advertisement :D

[Edited on 5/30/2012 by Mecheng]

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,708 Posts
I was a skeptic too, till I tried TR. They like it better than anything else I've ever used.

·
Registered
18,522 Posts
Dr. Grant Woods uses Trophy Rock and I don't feel that he uses something just to push it for a rep. He talks highly of it so I use it as well.

Here is one year, with one trophy rock put on top the ground....ground that was flat to start with.....thought I had a sink hole in this spot as I forgot about what I put there. :D

[file]252392[/file]

[Edited on 5/30/2012 by letemgrow]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts