Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy is getting into hunting and he is looking for a cheap semi auto shotgun i know absolutely nothing about tristar shotguns except they are cheap.. Lets hear it good bad and ugly.. What say you?

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
whats he going to use it for?

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
I used to have a double barrel 12 that was an excellent gun.
Good looking and good shooting...

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
Those guns are always ALL OVER the used gun counters at Cabelas in KCK. There's a TON of them, and they never seem to move.

Why in the world does he NEED a semi-auto if he's just starting is my biggest question though. :confused:

I know you know, and may folks would agree, you can get a whole lot nicer pump gun for the same price as a semi-auto.

Parker

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why buy more guns if he doesnt have to is my opion i say he gets the stoeger on here for 3 bills but he has his heart set on this tristar for some reason

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
tell him to man up and get a browning A-5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1503605&tid=104898&author=Joeyman]tell him to man up and get a browning A-5[/rquote]doesnt shoot 3in plus he doesnt want junk:hysterical: i dont think i would even use a a-5 to pretty to mess up

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:D Better tell him he has his heart set on a boat anchor, and see if he thinks its worth $300 for a boat anchor. :D

Your best advice for him would be to go with quality over 'looks' since he's just getting into hunting.

He probably won't stick with hunting if he spends what seems like a bunch of money for him to find out he has cruddy equipment.

And I'll tell you where I am leaning.......an 870. :D

Parker

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Absolutely I would convince him to buy an 870 a very sturdy dependable shotgun. He gets good enough with it and he can work that pump just as fast as a semi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pump is out of the question he wants a semi i cant say i blame him he is going to be mostly bird and small game hunting

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
If he goes, and doesn't flat-out get into it, or GOES ALL-OUT into it, he's going to come out of it best by picking up an 870 and selling it later to get something REALLY nice than anything else he can pick up.

870's are tough, and have good resale value for that price area of shotguns.

Parker

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
[rquote=1503609&tid=104898&author=greenheadsmoker613][rquote=1503605&tid=104898&author=Joeyman]tell him to man up and get a browning A-5[/rquote]doesnt shoot 3in plus he doesnt want junk:hysterical: i dont think i would even use a a-5 to pretty to mess up [/rquote]

sorry browning is not junk...........:pop:

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Joeyman]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:D If you think you need a semi to be able to shoot fast (and you're telling him that), I give. :D

Parker

1 - 20 of 37 Posts