tree stands.

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear (General)' started by bigredhusker, Feb 14, 2006.

1. bigredhusker

bigredhusker Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Liberty Missouri
    I'm looking for a recomendation on Tree stands.. Anybody find some end of the season closeouts, or good brands that won't break the bank. Also, I have a 9 year old that wants to go out with dad.. .. are the two person stands stable enough? other thoughts? thanks

2. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    I've always made ground blinds using wood pallets and brush to take youngins out. You can use some dark green and black paint to help camo the pallet some and its natural grey color helps too. I havent seen too many youngins that can sit still for very long and a good ground blind can conceal a lot of figeting. They can even lay down and take a quick nap if need be. I've got one ground blind that I have killed a deer out of every year and I've killed several turkey out of it too.

3. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

The 2 man ladder my friend son has is plenty stable for 2. If your rifle hunting with the young one, it has a shooting rail, that can acomidate a camo tarp or burlap to help conceal the movement that most kids will make after awhile in the stand.

:cheers::cheers:

4. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I have two of the buddy stands and they are very sturdy

5. greenbow

greenbow New Member

Jan 27, 2006
  6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    You're in the KC area, right?! Have I got an inside track for you! Head to Roger's Lures in Liberty. They've got some stands on clearance still, and have a buddy stand or two even!

I would've already bought them out of house and home, but I already have too many stands to manage.

Parker

7. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana

The buddy stands are what my 12 year old and I hunt from all the time.

8. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I don't buy stands, most of the time I build them out of EMT pipe and stove grating.