Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a recomendation on Tree stands.. Anybody find some end of the season closeouts, or good brands that won't break the bank. Also, I have a 9 year old that wants to go out with dad.. .. are the two person stands stable enough? other thoughts? thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've always made ground blinds using wood pallets and brush to take youngins out. You can use some dark green and black paint to help camo the pallet some and its natural grey color helps too. I havent seen too many youngins that can sit still for very long and a good ground blind can conceal a lot of figeting. They can even lay down and take a quick nap if need be. I've got one ground blind that I have killed a deer out of every year and I've killed several turkey out of it too.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
The 2 man ladder my friend son has is plenty stable for 2. If your rifle hunting with the young one, it has a shooting rail, that can acomidate a camo tarp or burlap to help conceal the movement that most kids will make after awhile in the stand.

:cheers::cheers:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
You're in the KC area, right?! Have I got an inside track for you! Head to Roger's Lures in Liberty. They've got some stands on clearance still, and have a buddy stand or two even!

I would've already bought them out of house and home, but I already have too many stands to manage.

Parker

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
Originally posted by henry
The 2 man ladder my friend son has is plenty stable for 2. If your rifle hunting with the young one, it has a shooting rail, that can acomidate a camo tarp or burlap to help conceal the movement that most kids will make after awhile in the stand.

:cheers::cheers:
The buddy stands are what my 12 year old and I hunt from all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts