Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
I have climbing sticks similar to those, they seem to work pretty good. As for the stand, I think personally that most commercial hang on stands will more than get the job done. It's just a matter of comfort, weight, and ease of use most of the time. I would rather buy that stand and maybe pack a little more weight in and out, and take a few more minutes to set it up than pay $250 for a lone wolf or something

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Jmac; I have 3 sets of the sticks. I bought 3 because when I bought mine the were 4 piece sets that were 16' and I wanted the extra piece or 2. So the 20' should work fine. I also have a similar Sportsmanguide lock on but whithout the front rest/safety bar. That works well. Can be a chore to hang. I either throw a rope over a higher limb to pull it up to hanging hieght or take an eyebolt up and use that to pull up the stand. Mine is awkward to carry up the ladder then hold in place while you attach and ratchet on otherwise. and has no quick attach bracket. Its cumfy and pretty quiet, the metal flooring can be squeeky with rubber boots so I use carpet scraps. Be sure to hydrate some before you pack in the sticks and the stand over a few ridges. I usually forget too then need a few cold ones when I'm done eh!

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Snowman
Jmac; I have 3 sets of the sticks. I bought 3 because when I bought mine the were 4 piece sets that were 16' and I wanted the extra piece or 2. So the 20' should work fine. I also have a similar Sportsmanguide lock on but whithout the front rest/safety bar. That works well. Can be a chore to hang. I either throw a rope over a higher limb to pull it up to hanging hieght or take an eyebolt up and use that to pull up the stand. Mine is awkward to carry up the ladder then hold in place while you attach and ratchet on otherwise. and has no quick attach bracket. Its cumfy and pretty quiet, the metal flooring can be squeeky with rubber boots so I use carpet scraps. Be sure to hydrate some before you pack in the sticks and the stand over a few ridges. I usually forget too then need a few cold ones when I'm done eh!
Don't fergit yo safety harness too!!!!!! (safety first)

·
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
90acres, thanks for the heads up. I just bought a paper and looked at the ad in the classifieds. That's not too bad a price for the buddy stand with the blind and canopy but the single was too expensive. I think I'm leaning towards a hang on.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i used the sticks for the frist time last year they are awsome
you can put a stand in so many places you can't get a ladder to
i really really liked them myself.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
sticks are so worth the money. no screwing in steps and then taking them out again just to repeat. put a stand up in five minutes verses 20 or so. of course i am also a fan of ladder stands as well. any stand i can walk to climb up and hunt the reverse to leave without draggin a stand with me is my preferred method. kind of lazy like that. i hunt to enjoy it not work at it.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Jmac,

If you can make it through this hunting season without getting them, I will run into some CRAZY good deals on tree stands at Roger's Lures in Liberty come January/February and I can pick you up a couple then.

Depending on the time, they're anywhere from $70-$85 for big man hang on stands.

Parker

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Jmac,

If you can make it through this hunting season without getting them, I will run into some CRAZY good deals on tree stands at Roger's Lures in Liberty come January/February and I can pick you up a couple then.

Depending on the time, they're anywhere from $70-$85 for big man hang on stands.

Parker
they make stands That big hahahaha:D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Originally posted by Pipe
Originally posted by Parker
Jmac,

Parker
they make stands That big hahahaha:D
:D Well, I know with all of my gear, I'm over the weight rating, but yeah, they hold me.

The only problem that Jmac may have is that backpack full of Twinkies that he takes out with him. He may have to leave it on the ground.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
I am pulling for him but first is first the twinkies gotta stay in the store :D
For some reason little kids always ask their moms how I got so big, and the moms say, "I don't know honey, why don't you ask him?"

I mean this is ROUTINE!

And my response is always......Twinkies and Twizzlers, and LOTS of 'em!

And then the moms give me a dirty look, and they all scurry away as a bellow out a big HA HA HA! :hysterical:

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Maybe you should quit pickin on them lil kids Parker!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
LMAO:D you kill me,but man twizzlers too their my favorite stand food
I'd have one more buck on my wall if twinkie wrappers didn't make so much noise! :mad: True story! :mad:

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Originally posted by rat
Maybe you should quit pickin on them lil kids Parker!!
:hysterical: Not today, and tomorrow isn't looking good either! :hysterical:

I was just picking on cfraz's little tike last night! But with a parental influence like her's.......I think I lost the war!

Parker

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.