Tred Barta

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by rat, Feb 17, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Sorry.. but I gotta know..
    Anyone watch or like this Tred Barta guy?

2. Oh yeah I personal think he is as nutty as some of them come but he is very intresting to watch.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    OLN has a marathon tonight... I agree, he's nuttier than a pet coon, but interesting.

He has a pretty good message about repect for the animal, chase, ect.

4. yeah and i like the fact that he seems to very all about the persuit and the method more than the kill

5. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    I think Barta's the most interesting and intense person on outdoor TV. He makes Nugent look like a pansy. I'd spend a week hunting or fishing with him any time.

6. oh easy with the uncle ted bashing mark

7. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    I watched him bow hunting (traditional) for Canada Geese. He never hit one but what a nut...

:wave: I watch him

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    He has some good things to say about safety also.. he takes it very seriously.

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I agree that he has some good things to say, but I can't say I like him much or that I would hunt with him.
    Reason being...I have seen two of his shows where he is taking CLEARLY unethical shots at animals with that longbow, one of which resulted in a gut shot after a few misses and a barely recovered animal. Recovered only as a result of a bunch of people looking and someone stumbled upon it.

10. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    I like to watch the Tred Barda show on OLN!
    He seems to have a certain passion for the outdoors that isn't present in a lot of people...
    And he does have a remnisance of a little uncle ted in him!!
    :cheers::cheers:

11. Original Al

Original Al New Member

I watch it, just because I think he is a goofy a-hole and it's entertaining.

I couldn't hunt with him, or even stand to be in the same room as him for more than 5 minutes.

I guess it's a lot easier for him to be so nutty about the chase because he's rich. If he was a regular 9-5 blue collar fella only getting a few weekends off and only making 40K a year it'd be a whole lot harder to find enjoyment in spending $8,000 to go to Alaska just to miss a moose, but still enjoy the adventure.

12. Hoytaholic

Hoytaholic New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
  13. I like 'ol Ted :)

Bofe of 'em.

14. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

If we quit watching hunting shows that showed unethical shots, we'd all be watchin Oprah!!! I saw one this week, a guy was less than 20 yds from a big bull elk, that was quartering away really hard...and he released his arrow, hitting the elk way back in the left hip....He at least got full penetration, but geesh, poor shot choice on a big bull.....Or anything for that matter...

Oh, and yea, I like Tred.....he ain't afeard to shoot without trainin wheels!!!!

15. coyotekilller

coyotekilller New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    i was just gonna post about barta, i dont like him as mush as the Nuge because he makes it seem its wrong to hunt with a gun. just my opinion

16. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he's the only guy out there that takes poor shots, but I've saw him take more in one episode than I can recall seeing on about all the hunting videos I own. It just seems a little hipocritical to me that he preaches about his love and respect for the animals he hunts then takes those kind of shots. Just my personal opinion of course.

17. coyotekilller

coyotekilller New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    my feelings exactly hoyt:smiley:

18. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    the fact i see him fail as much if not more than he succeeds i have to give him credit. i watch him, i couldn't pull off a fraction of what he does. he takes his hunt serious, works out like a fool, and goes for it. :eek: but yes he definatly has a high opinion of himself. and if i worked as hard at something as he has i just might too. :hysterical:

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    wow.. you dug this out of the archives.

I watch the outdoor life channel on fridays.... Fridays in the Wild they call it. Tred is usually on about 7pm central. I've seen most of his episodes (many reruns they show.. ) and I kinda like his style. He's all about doing things the hard way and I think its a good message. I've seen too many folks that have money, buy a couple of Outdoor Life magazines, the most expensive rifle they can find, and get unbeleivably lucky on thier first time out. Tred usually stresses practice, hard work, and respect for the outdoors.

Having said that, I do agree that I have seen him take unethical shots.... but he usually explains that it was just that.. and that he should have done something different.

20. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    kinda like this guys opinion :
    "The Rich.... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by on their own exertions, these are the real enemies of game"
    -- Theodore Roosevelt's Principles of the Hunt