Training collar

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by rh44mag, Nov 1, 2010.

1. rh44mag

rh44mag Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Independence
    My wife is looking for a shock collar for a 45lb dog.

2. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)

3. beardsNspurs78

beardsNspurs78 Active Member

May 24, 2008
    Philly, MO
    Not sure exactly what you're lookin for but u can get real good and inexpensive collars on both coondawgs and ukcdogs. Might give that a thought

4. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    Make sure what ever collar you get has an adjustment for intensity. I bought one off ebay very cheaply and I could not use it on my Lab because it was too strong and was unadjustable.

MJO

5. Barnold1

Barnold1 Senior Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Plattsburg
    You didn't mention if it's for training or just breaking a bad habit, but I like a unit with a tone feature too for training purposes so you can give them a warning (such as when I'm calling them in).

6. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1875284&tid=130576&author=Barnold1]You didn't mention if it's for training or just breaking a bad habit, but I like a unit with a tone feature too for training purposes so you can give them a warning (such as when I'm calling them in). [/rquote]

X 2 :cheers:

Anymore, I just hit the beeper, and he comes running in, cause he knows what happens next if he doesnt. It only takes a couple times to break a bad habit, then its almost always just the beep, thats needed.

7. rh44mag

rh44mag Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Independence
    We are trying to break a bad habit. She is a sweet little dog and listens really well, when she wants to. We are trying to get her to listen when we want her to.