Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Trailcam Offer

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  pinwheel 
#1 ·
Over the past few months several of you folks have graciously offered to take me hunting on your property. Well, I have this to offer; if in fact this comes about then I would like to purchase a trailcam, place it on your property and you show me the ropes of how these things work. do more trailcams help rather than just one. Also, do some prevent theft better than others, and last but not least how often do you check them? Thank you folks, if you would rather u2u me than post up on here than feel free!
:pop:

[file]7526[/file]

#2 ·
Nicholas,
Visit with me this weekend at the craft show in St. Charles. I'm bringing a camera that I built to show you guys. I don't know a lot about commercial units, but I've got a bit of experience with homebrews & how to make them secure. As for checking them, I try to check them once a week. During hunting season, it's not always that often because I don't use a 4 wheeler on my property when I'm hunting, so I check them when I hunt that area. Some cams may go a couple weeks in hunting season.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I will try to make it but we have testing all day Sat and the 3D tourney Sun, perhaps Fri if my class does not go too long1

#6 ·
piece of cake. Not sure on the weight of hard maple, but I'm guessing it should weigh approx 1 #/board ft. Should weigh at least 5#. You'll have to elaborate a bit more on the hand grips. If it's going to be used for cooking we'll have to use vegetable oil to treat it to keep it from being toxic.

#7 ·
Actually we would not want to use veggetable oil, that would eventually turn rancid. What is used on high end boards is Food Safe Mineral Oil, which penetrates the surfaces and protects against splitting, cracking, and drying. The end grips are simply indents rounded into the ends 3/4 -1inch in depth for times when the product on the board is being served there then it can be picked up easily.

[file]7542[/file]

#8 ·
Estimate on cost sir$ Also if you could quote quantity cost as well in case of distribution.
:smiley:
Sorry folks!
I am interested in placing a cam and using at the property owners discretion.

#9 ·
Duh, yep you are right, mineral oil. I knew vegetable oil didn't sound right. Honest, I really did know the answer, just developing alsheimers or something.:rotfl:

Maple will run me approx $3/bd ft. Each cutting board would have 7 bd ft of material. In a production run, should be able to do them for $35-40 each. I've got a buddy with a wide belt sander. Bet I could get him to run them. The finger grips would be no big deal, Got a shaper bit that will do that in a heartbeat.

#10 ·
Great, what kind of glue do you use, and how many sections would be glued together, also what kind of time and cost to get me a sample sir!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.