Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
9,784 Posts
For coverts you download an app on your phone and it catalogs all the images for you and organizes it.Then if you want it to send you a high def image you can make it text or email you a hi resolution image if you wanna see even more detail but the images are plenty good enough for me.The plans are on their website for their data plans I honestly don't know the actual cost because we have all our cameras pooled together under 1 account for 10,000 images a month and we run 5 cameras per 10,000 image plan and I think it's like $30-$35 a month or so per setup like that.Turn them off from April-August down here.Here is some daylight and night images over a licking branch on edge of a foodplot where bucks skirt the edge of plot and go from wood lot to wood lot in NoMo.My buddy took 2 of our cameras up north this year with him during the rut
Plant Natural landscape Tree Fawn Grass
Plant Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape
Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape Fawn

· Registered
2,062 Posts
To each his own, but I've gone through 12 or more Coverts before their excellent CS dept got me 3 that worked. I always say Covert has excellent Customer Service, because they are well practiced. I'm done with them.

I'm testing the new Cuddelink system. It shows great potential. You can link up to 16 cameras to one cell unit that sends you all of the pics. With Cuddelink, you can get all of your pics for $20/month from 16 different cams. Power management has been a challenge, since all of the cameras are more or less like a cell phone, requiring more power than a standard trail cam hanging on a tree. The range is pretty impressive, I have 2 cameras well over a half mile from my home unit and they connect fine. I am getting ready to equip my remote cams with solar panels. Supposedly they will run indefinitely with the solar, if in full sun. Make sure whatever you buy isn't 3G, cell companies are about to kill the 3G cellular.

· Registered
9,784 Posts
Strange we have had nothing but good luck with them.I have seen them stop taking pics but a quick update or clearing the SD card gets them right back working.Cant imagine anyone going through that many of the newer coverts as we have so many that range from 4-1 years of age and have had no returns except the 3G models they upgraded us to the new LTE cameras for $150 and allowed us to keep the 3G cameras to use as regular cameras as they won’t work as cell cameras anymore.I guess to each their own I guess

· Registered
21,445 Posts
LoCash uses Spartan's. Just heard an interview on a country stateion about not being able to concentrate on his album because it's turkey season in TN and his phone keeps lighting up because of his Spartan game cam pics.

· Registered
158 Posts
We use Spartan cams last year after getting input from other hunters who have used both Covert and Spartan. Been very impressed with Spartan cameras quality, choice of data plans and ease of use. We ran 3 last year, but as with anything it probably depends on the guy and their preferences. There are a couple of new ones hitting the market that are a lot less than a Spartan and/or Covert that I am going to try. Moultrie and Stealth Cam have some new ones this year that are worth a look.

· Land buying addiction
13,978 Posts
To each his own, but I've gone through 12 or more Coverts before their excellent CS dept got me 3 that worked. I always say Covert has excellent Customer Service, because they are well practiced. I'm done with them.

I'm testing the new Cuddelink system. It shows great potential. You can link up to 16 cameras to one cell unit that sends you all of the pics. With Cuddelink, you can get all of your pics for $20/month from 16 different cams. Power management has been a challenge, since all of the cameras are more or less like a cell phone, requiring more power than a standard trail cam hanging on a tree. The range is pretty impressive, I have 2 cameras well over a half mile from my home unit and they connect fine. I am getting ready to equip my remote cams with solar panels. Supposedly they will run indefinitely with the solar, if in full sun. Make sure whatever you buy isn't 3G, cell companies are about to kill the 3G cellular.
Batteries are the biggest problem with these. They seem to ha e terrible triggers also. I can watch deer play in front of them and not even take a picture. I have also walked to them with no picture but then it takes one other me walking away it is really bizarre how they trigger or lack there of.

· Registered
9,784 Posts
Batteries are the biggest problem with these. They seem to ha e terrible triggers also. I can watch deer play in front of them and not even take a picture. I have also walked to them with no picture but then it takes one other me walking away it is really bizarre how they trigger or lack there of.
I have seen this happen and found the pictures on my SD card.Idk what causes it but I always do the updates and have had good luck with them.I tried Spartan first and hated them I couldn't get batteries to last long at all no matter wha I tried and the technology at the time was fresh and was aggravating to deal with I'm sure they have that fixed now.As far as batteries regardless what camera someone has they should use rechargeable batteries and a solar panel with a cell cam.I was getting about 2 months per set of batteries this year.I bought a 16 battery charger off amazon and 32 rechargeable batteries for the cameras I run and when they started getting low I swapped sets plus used some batteries in between in my non cell cameras.My buddy has the spy point with the solar panel built in and he really likes it

· Registered
2,062 Posts
Will these cameras work if u have very poor reception were they r placed.
The cuddelink remote cameras don't require cell signal, the pics are relayed to a home unit through the cuddelink network. You will have to find a place for the home unit that has cell signal if you want the pics sent to you, but the remote cameras don't need cell signal.

· Grrrrrrr
30,201 Posts

The cudde link system is what I want.....I'm going to wait a few more years and get the rest of the good out of my current stock of Browning's and in the meantime I hope there are more companies offering the technology and I hope the bugs will have been worked out of the system. The trigger issues scare me the most...I ain't paying that kind of money to miss pictures.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.