Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better I.R. or flash?? Does the flash spook the game?? Which brand is the best bang for the $$$ ? I'm lookin in to buying one ,and not sure which way to go. Any help would be great!

·
Under appreciated
88,271 Posts
Flash or IR opinions go either way it seems.

I personally am of the opinion that the flash doesnt consistently spook game enough to be a concern.

All I've ever had is moultrie cams (save for one homebrew) and they all work just fine for the money.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rat ,I have a old 35m.m. Moultrie with the flash . It worked fine when I used it last, it didn't seem to bother the game with the flash too much. I know a lot has changed since that cam was made. Which trail cam's of the Moultrie brand is the a good one for the money?

·
2,842 Posts
I have both, with flash and without. If I could afford it I would have all without the flash. I have seen mature bucks not come back to some bait sites that had the flash camera, but they would still hit the site with the infrared. My 2 cents, been running cameras for a few years.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
If you can afford the bucks, I'd go with IR's. If you can get two flashes for the price of an IR though, I'd have two flashes.

Brand names.....man.....can't seem to find a company lately that doesn't have quirks.

Parker

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to get an I.R. cam. Does anyone know about the different ranges of the sensors? Some have more sensors and more range it seem's? Is that correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts