Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I set my cam in a new area.. its on a grower/cooperator that I have been working with
for 2 yrs now and I finally gained enough rapport with him that he is going to allow me to bowhunt there prior to gun season. Great area, and the spot I chose is bout 80yds or so from a public area, the border of which is WELL MARKED as such.

Well.. I let it sit for bout 7 days, got the pictures and noticed a few things that I did wrong on the setup. No deer pictures but I changed the setup to fix that and let'er go for another
9 days or so.

I went to swap the cards and check on things and again I had no pictures.. NO CAMERA EITHER!!!! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Some doorknob prolly wandered at least 80yds off that public area into private timber and swiped the camera. Gawd.. I felt low.

Funny thing is, this camera was in a very secluded area with lotsa sign.. great spot and I was really looking forward to see
whats out there.
I just cant believe that someone found it.. unreal.:confused:

sorry had to vent..

·
5,631 Posts
Man, that would tick me off! :mad:

He probably got his picture snapped and had to do away with the evidence....and got a nice camera out of it too! What a jerk.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
That blows rat...sorry.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Ya know, with my property bordering public ground I have feered this same thing rat. However, I may set a few land mines around my cameras. So whoever goes to the hospital with a missing leg or lower torso in Livingston County will be a tresspasser. Case solved fairly easy.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It appears as though you need a cam high up in another tree catching the perp that takes the primary cam. Or you can just cross your fingers each time you place a cam, or you can take Hayzers advice, hmmm, not bad advice, I vote for land mines...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,352 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
Ya know, with my property bordering public ground I have feered this same thing rat. However, I may set a few land mines around my cameras. So whoever goes to the hospital with a missing leg or lower torso in Livingston County will be a tresspasser. Case solved fairly easy.
Claymores! I love it!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by Pipe
want to hang some one by their balls and let them rot ........... oops sorry got into the mood ..... feeling:mad::mad::mad:
We have all been ther Pipe! This is the safe place to let all out!

I am just glad that...1 there is no public land around where I hunt, and 2 I know everone that owns land around where I put out my cams! All I have to say is, I am sorry for anyone that has to deal for the SCUM that steal anything that is not theirs.:horse:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Rat, that stinks...I've been thinkin about making some brackets like Pinwheel has on his cams, to get them up out of reach of the honest thief.... I think I'll git to work on that!!!!!!

·
Registered
70,598 Posts
When I first started using my game camera I moved it all around my property trying to find the right spot to get the pic of that "Turdy Point Buck". I went to check it one day and it was gone.:mad2::mad2: After I had cussed up a storm I realized that I wasn't at the right tree:bangin: I had moved it once again and had forgotten about it.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
lol...that's great mailman

·
6,643 Posts
That stinks about the cam. I worry about mine too, but it is generally safe until season. Then I am fighting off trespassers that come to my place by boat. I think Water Patrol should be on the rivers checking out people that are boating in. I have run them off for the last few years. Might have accidentally let one of the boats go down river by itself too, but I don't remember much about that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.