Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
retrieved my cam and found the batterys were dead ,no worries I put a memory card in it right?? nope didnt have the card in all the way and lost all the pics and couldnt down load a single one,:mad: who makes a trail cam thats sits out in the weather that looses pics if the battery goes dead:mad2:,looks like i will be in the market for a new trail cam and use the wild view for a paper weight:eek:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Kinda sounds like my last outing. Went all the way out to retrieve some pics. I usually download my memory card on my pocket pc. I was going to do the same this time only my pocket pc's batteries were dead. I suppose i'll have to make anouther trip out to get my pics later. It's really frustrating sometimes when things don't come togather like there supposed to.:mad2:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Pipe--which model Wild View do you have? If it is one which can use an external 12v battery, that would be the way to go. My StealthCam (1.3 MP model) lasted weeks and took hundreds of pics on the fully charged 12v battery. However, it was stolen and now I am looking for an inexpensive replacement. The 2.0 MP Wild View is pretty reasonable and had decent reviews at Chasingame.com.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
I had a bad set one time last year right in the middle of rut! I sat it out over a scrape for 5 days, came back, had like 32 hits on it (double pics) and my computer could not open the file on the disk! :mad:

And that was during a time when I was REALLY counting on those pics to decide where to hunt! :mad:

Parker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.