Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its a holiday and like usual instead of being out playing I've been working around the house. We plan on finishing our basement this fall so I have been clearing out the basement.

I came across my old card collection--which is enormous.
I have tried to get rid of these before but just don't have the time to properly go through the lot of them to sell them individually (like they should be).

There are easily well over 10,000 cards in the lot from 1987—1992 and in awesome condition. Mainly baseball and football but there are some odds and ends in there as well (for instance a complete set of gulf war cards...complete with a skinny **** Cheney as SECDEF). Brands vary from Upper Deck, Score, Pro Set, Topps.... you name it. Along with all of these cards will come two 5,000 card storage boxes many three ring binders and 100s of protective sheets. Everything goes.

I have not gone through these cards and "cherry picked" out the valuable ones. The buyer will get everything I have commons as well as the valuable ones. I have no doubt that if someone had the time they could go through this collection and sell individuals for a tremendous profit, I just don't have the time (and don't want to hear about it if you do :roll2:).

The cards are in great shape and would be a great starter kit for some young lad or lass looking to get into the hobby.

I'm asking $250 for everything but will also accept interesting trades (hunting or fishing equipment (10/22??) or labor help finishing the basement this winter...after hunting season of course.

Send me a U2U if you are interested or want more details...

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
DWB,

I'm headed out the door right now, but I may be interested. I've got a regular walnut stock 10/22 that may be up for trade for them too. I'll get back with you.

Parker

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
I also have a heck of a collection of ball cards. Where is the best place to sell them. Mostly baseball cards and basketball cards, mid 80's- early 90's. Also what should I expect to get for them. The best I remember there is alot of rookie cards in the collection. Probably some McGuire, Bonds, Shaq ect.
Not looking to get rich from them, just would want a fair price and get rid of them to free up some space.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
riverbottom--I'd check at your local card shops or online (perhaps ebay). I know that if a fella had some time and was willing to go through them with a Beckett (price guide) at hand he could do well for himself selling them individually.

With a new baby in the house I just don't have the time.

Parker--they are yours if you want them. A plain ole walnut stock 10/22 is just what I'm in need of.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by danceswithbooze
I know that if a fella had some time and was willing to go through them with a Beckett (price guide) at hand he could do well for himself selling them individually.
That was my thought.

Riverbottom, if I get into this, I may be interested in getting yours from you in a couple months.

Parker

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Parker,
If you decided to get into them just let me know. If I get a chance I'll pull them out of the closet & actually see what I got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.