Tracks Across Africa

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by FiremanBrad, Feb 27, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm home sick today, watchin the outdoor channel...On Tracks Across Africa, they were talking about big bore rifles to hunt Africa with...really good show today....started out back in the good ole days, with a 4 bore blackpowder round...that thing was HUGE!!! Also shows some kill shots on dangerous game, like a hippo dropping from one shot!!! Even callin a 375 HnH a medium bore!!! Some serious firepower.....watch it if you get a chance!!! I don't think my shoulder wants ANY of that!!!!

2. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Sounds like an interesting show...

I'm home sick today too.

But you should feel lucky to have the Outdoor Channel, all I have is OLN and RV Today is on!:banghead::banghead::moon:

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Brad...it is all that staying up too late and working in Chilli this weekend caught up with ya!!!

Get some rest and get over that cold!!!

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I prolly shoulda stayed home instead of goin to Chillville....

5. coyotekilller

coyotekilller New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    no offense to any rv fanatics, but i hate that show,i also wish i had the outdoor channel

6. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    A .375 is considered a medium bore. They are talking about caliber size, not power of the cartridge. You don't get into big bore until you get to the .40 caliber size. This is speaking strickly bore size.