Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

621 - 640 of 664 Posts

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Good. Now the guys you email at the Mdc will know how unstable you are like we already knew. :rofl:
The population changed. We need to adapt.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,689 Posts
I would support closing turkey season for a year so when it reopens everyone would know the idgits on the internet that say they all die anyway are full of ****. :rofl:

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
I would support closing turkey season for a year so when it reopens everyone would know the idgits on the internet that say they all die anyway are full of ****. :rofl:
Lets do it. Im on board.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
WOW, I sat here just shaking my head!
You can look it up ans see how many if them say the same as I posted.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
Trapping? No, its not a waste of time if its done for recreation. If done to improve turkey populations it is.

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Trapping? No, its not a waste of time if its done for recreation. If done to improve turkey populations it is.
It is done for both.

Reactions: 20'

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
It is done for both.
If recreation is more important than having more turkeys then its probably not a waste of time.

If having more turkeys is more important then it is a waste of time.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
haha, I was somewhat joking. But statements/propaganda that discourage folks from trapping critters would most definitely be something that Russian fur traders would support if it did indeed keep Americans from flooding the market with furs.
I fully support recreational, fur producing trapping, like most Americans.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
So you oppose commercial, fur producing trapping is what you are basically saying.
No, thats fine as well, and I would group that with recreational trapping, unless you are talking about factor fur farms (which I dont have a problem with either).

I oppose trapping SOLELY to try to increase turkeys or quail or pheasants etc. and wasting the fur, animal, etc. Its costly, has never been shown to be effective, takes away from habitat work (which has been shown effective time and time again), and most importantly, gives all hunters a bad name because of the actions of a few slobs.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
What's biological about carry over ?? Lol
there is no carry over from a sucked egg unless you factor in the sucked ones who result in recruitment not keeping ahead of mortality which gets worse at each compounding of racoon density.The compounded loss is over 75 percent statewide and picking up steamas evidenced by h to p production being toast on good weather. When only one time in 29 years the h to p ratio exceeds 2.5 and the range of what is possible keeps sinking into lower and lower ranges you have a problem. But the great long term data catches the problem holding the smoking gun.

·
Keeper Of The Prions
3,603 Posts
Well ya it's gona be tough turkey hunting when its a high of 12 degrees F and 4 inches of snow on the ground.

621 - 640 of 664 Posts