Tough decisions

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Bowpredator, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Today, we closed on our new house. This has to have been one of the toughest decisions we have ever made because we sold our 230 acre farm (which also had another 200 acres of ground we leased next door) and are moving to 18 acres. Our new place is connected to state forest and is walking distance to the Big Piney river but best of all, IT IS PAID FOR! I made a goal for myself when I bought my very first place that I wanted to be mortgage free before I turned 40 and today, we did just that. I will really miss having 430 acres of private ground to hunt, fish, and trail ride on but I definitely wont miss paying a bank interest or worrying that the next time they lay me off (which looks like will very well happen sometime in the next year or two) they wont recall me and leave us with a high mortgage and no way to pay it.

The new place has a bigger and better house, a stocked pond, beautiful/huge trees, and two cabins which we plan on refurbishing and renting out. We plan on offering stalls for our guests to bring their horses so they can trail ride along with home cooked meals (sort of a bed and breakfast except with the privacy of your own cabin). There will be a small petting zoo area for kids along with pony rides. Horse drawn wagon hayrides are planned too.

It is going to be a BIG adjustment but now, with no mortgage and income potential, if and when the inevitable layoff comes, I am just gonna smile. In fact, I'll probably be the only one who will actually throw a party when they do! Life just became a whole lot less stressful!

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Congrats! I think you have it all figured out and your new digs sound awsome!

You ALWAYS have private ground to hunt if you are connected hehe.. which I'm sure you are. Gotta do whats best for you and yours. :eek:

3. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    There's nothing wrong with doing what your heart or head tell you to do so long as both of you are happy. The only thing I could suggest is to promote your new place heavily so people know where you are and what you have to offer.

Congratulations. Maybe this site will let you post an ad.
  4. xxx

xxx Guest

I hear ya there bud............

Congrats to ya.... I know how ya feel. It is WONDERFUL....... :cheers::cheers:
  5. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Congrats!!..........What happend with the renters?
  6. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    The renters have found them a new place and are already in the process of moving. They were loading a uhaul when we and the seller did a walk through today. They should be out by tuesday so we are going to have even more time to get the move done since we have till April 1st to be out of our current place.

We are going to try to get to know all the new neighbors as soon as possible to "get connected". Might be awhile before we are connected well enough to gain hunting permission but I'm gonna try my best.
  7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Moving sucks for sure. Good luck with everything!
  8. geezer

geezer New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Audrain County
    Sounds good congrats.
  9. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Congrats.Happy for you..........:cheers:
  10. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    That was one heckuva goal ~ and you did it!

Congrat's... :cheers:
  11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Well, it sounds like you'll be happy!!
  12. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    That's truly awesome, BP. Way to go man. That's got to be a load off your shoulders.
  13. ladeerman

ladeerman Active Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Laccassine, LA
    Congrats Bow Predator. I'm in the same boat as you. Getting layed off March 31 due to Hurricane Rita. We are also in need of a new house, our current one is damaged. I know its all happening for a reason, just cant wait to see....
  14. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    Sounds great! Good job!
  15. coyotekilller

coyotekilller New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    congratulations on your new house. hope u enjoy it:eek:
  16. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Congrats! What a goal to begin with - and you accomplished it! Your new place sounds great, as do your plans. And the adjacency to state forest can't hurt. No mortgage - I'm envious! Enjoy it!:dancin:
  17. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Congratulations BP! It sounds like either way you win!:banana:
  18. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    Well, here I sit in an empty house (new place) checking to make sure the new directway works. Still waiting on the heating and cooling guy to show up.