Discussion in 'Social Club' started by semodeerhunter, Mar 12, 2006.

1. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    Last night we had a tornado pass by 10 miles from us. destoyed 17 houses killed 2. They where in a truck tring to escape the path and it picked them up and slammed the truck into a propane tank. Got a couple of friends that live in the area and have not talked to them to see if they had any damage. Please keep them all in your prayers.
  2. xxx

xxx Guest

I saw the wanings on TV last night. Kinda hoped it might miss Missouri.... Sorry to hear about the damage semo.... Hope all works out for all the friends and family

3. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    That was a pretty nasty front that went through last night. Looks like we might get more today. Just spoke to the wife who was at the old house in Salem and she said the creek that crosses our driveway is up pretty high so they cant haul the trailer but are gonna get out before the next storm makes it impossible to get out. They havent had electric since 11:00pm and the power company said it's gonna be awhile. Still got power here at the new place. Gotta go check the river and see if it's over the road down here. Prayers for everyone who suffered damage or worse last night.
  4. Cherokee

Cherokee Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Terrible semo, I got the warnings on my puter last night. Prayers on the way for the families.

They are expecting the same for today as Bowpredator pointed out.

I've lived through 5 of them, I still get the urge to jump in the truck and follow them. I followed the one that went through Moberly in 95. I sat on my front porch near Higbee and watched it form. I called the radio station to let them get a heads up, but they didn't believe me.
  5. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    yeah the River has been out around here, and strong wind Damage. No Tornado locally... but their will be more to come I'm sure. :eek:
  6. Hoytaholic

Hoytaholic New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Semo do you live near St. Marys? Glad to hear that you and you family are ok.
  7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Glad ya all are safe!!! More nasty weather on its way for us Northern folks as well!!
  8. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Branson got a little of the hit yesterday----Line went down over at Gretna Road----took the Hospital out of power.

I was down on the end of OO-10 when the initial storm hit and it was south of there. Lots of property damage but I dont think there were any injuries from the storm------
  9. semodeerhunter

semodeerhunter New Member

Dec 25, 2002
    perryville mo
    We live about 10 miles south of st marys. Talked to my buddy that lives where the tornado went through he lost some shingle and some siding. He also lost a small shed and had lots of debri laying around. My other friends mom and dad didn't have any damage it went about 1/4 mile south of them. I drove through where the tornado hit this evening it was dark but still could see alot of the damage several house where completly flatten.