Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well tore my rotator cuff at work, so much for trying to get a spring gobbler with my bow this year:whinging:

Good thing is it's not my shooting shoulder so I can still go out and wack one with the 835:sniper:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Chairman is right. It is a slow healing process. Take very good care of it and you will be ready for fall. Sorry to hear about it. I had the shoulder surgery and rushed it. I slowed back down quick.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
OW!!!!! Take it easy and don't overdo it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey MT I feal your pain .I go in for back surgery Apirl 5th they are going to fuse my bottom vertebrae to my tailbone.Doc. say's I should be able to drive in about 5to6 day's. Hope I can so I can atleast go out and hear a bird gobble.GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Hotrod, good luck and well wishes for you. Let us know how it is going when you can........::)

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
take it easy there and do what the Docs say and they will have you better than new.
the old man tore his out two summers ago it was a struggle for him to relax much but he missed out on fishing and most of the summer farm work but he was elk hunting in the fall and hes better now than ever except for working above his head and thats not possible any more his was from years and years of running a dozer and finally a horse kicked his butt and finished it off

he says now if he knew how much better it would be he would have had it done sooner

you'll be better than new before long to i am sure

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Been there...tried to gut it out....finally had good doc look at it...he cut me, fixed it, and Im better than ever. Dont put yourself through a couple years of screwing with it, get it fixed!!

·
19,584 Posts
This is what my doc told me about putting it off:

You can put it off (surgery) for about a year, then it needs to be fixed. If you tear it more, or possibly a complete separation, you won't get 100% use of it back, no matter what you do...

I scheduled surgery, right then & there...

After meeting my physical therapist, I found out that he was a hunter. When I told him about my concern of hunting that year, he had me work out with my crossbow, so I'd work the muscles needed for hunting. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.