torn rotator cuff

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by MTRaised, Mar 27, 2006.

1. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
    well tore my rotator cuff at work, so much for trying to get a spring gobbler with my bow this year:whinging:

Good thing is it's not my shooting shoulder so I can still go out and wack one with the 835:sniper:

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Ouch, sorry to hear that MT, take care of it so ya don't have to miss out all together. At least all is not lost.

MoBowman ```--------->

3. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Take care of the shoulder, don't take any unnecessary risks & be careful. You don't want to make it any worse than it already is...

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Rehab it good, you'll be back!!!

5. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Chairman is right. It is a slow healing process. Take very good care of it and you will be ready for fall. Sorry to hear about it. I had the shoulder surgery and rushed it. I slowed back down quick.

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    That is my idea of a good plan!!!

7. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    OW!!!!! Take it easy and don't overdo it!

8. Hotrod

Hotrod Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Mexico,MO
    Hey MT I feal your pain .I go in for back surgery Apirl 5th they are going to fuse my bottom vertebrae to my tailbone.Doc. say's I should be able to drive in about 5to6 day's. Hope I can so I can atleast go out and hear a bird gobble.GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

9. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Hotrod, good luck and well wishes for you. Let us know how it is going when you can........::)

10. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    take it easy there and do what the Docs say and they will have you better than new.
    the old man tore his out two summers ago it was a struggle for him to relax much but he missed out on fishing and most of the summer farm work but he was elk hunting in the fall and hes better now than ever except for working above his head and thats not possible any more his was from years and years of running a dozer and finally a horse kicked his butt and finished it off

he says now if he knew how much better it would be he would have had it done sooner

you'll be better than new before long to i am sure

11. Wooddust

Wooddust Active Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Been there...tried to gut it out....finally had good doc look at it...he cut me, fixed it, and Im better than ever. Dont put yourself through a couple years of screwing with it, get it fixed!!

12. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    This is what my doc told me about putting it off:

You can put it off (surgery) for about a year, then it needs to be fixed. If you tear it more, or possibly a complete separation, you won't get 100% use of it back, no matter what you do...

I scheduled surgery, right then & there...

After meeting my physical therapist, I found out that he was a hunter. When I told him about my concern of hunting that year, he had me work out with my crossbow, so I'd work the muscles needed for hunting. :D